Product Kit

yilmazke

Hi there,

I installed cubecart very first time and couldn't find one thing which I am not sure if applicable.

Products are created with all options and relevant information, everything seems OK. I've been asked to create a Product Kit which includes multiple products at once. When buyer selects this particular kit, all product/kit would be available for purchase.

Appreciate any help.

Thank you for prompt reply,

As a CubeCart newbie, I managed my products, details and all relevant stuff for a new store. Also I installed the "Bundle Products" plug-in. This looks like do whatever I need.

However, whilst creating new product, I see "Visit the Bundle Products plugin control panel to name the bundle field." on Bundle tab.Could you please confirm what I am missing? Thanks in advance.

Hi again,

One more thing, I use "e-Payments Interac" as payments and disabled other payment options (PayPal, eWay) and it was working fine until I enable "Bundle Products" plug-in.

When Bundle Products plug-in is enabled, checkout proceeds to gateway for e-Payments Interac and doesn't do anything on blank page. However it lodges the order.

On the admin control panel for the "Bundle Products" plugin, there is a field for "Name of field for bundle".

The phrase for this setting will display on the storefront page for the kit product.

The phrase could be:
This product contains:
Products in this kit are:
This kit includes the following:

Following the phrase, the list of products is displayed.

The plugin does not affect the payment gateways. But I will make experiments.

Please create a file called 'ini-custom.inc.php', and have as its contents:

<?php
# Custom initialization commands
# Filename: ini-custom.inc.php
# File location: main CubeCart folder

ini_set('memory_limit', '256M');
ini_set('max_execution_time', '60');
ini_set('error_log', 'error_log');
ini_set('log_errors', 'on');

?>

Place this file in CubeCart's main folder. When you get a blank page, you may now find a file named 'error_log' in the main CubeCart folder.

Let us know what gets logged here.

I have below plug-ins

+ AusPost

+ Bundle Products

- PayPal

- eWay

+ePayments Interac

+ : enabled

This combination ends with gateway error. When I disable "Bundle Products" it avoids payment issue,

Here is the error log file. As far as I can see, it interferes with AusPost plug-in rather than Bundle Products. But somehow, it works when I disabled Bundle Products.

error_log

On the admin control panel for the "Bundle Products" plugin, there is a field for "Name of field for bundle".

The phrase for this setting will display on the storefront page for the kit product.

The phrase could be:
This product contains:
Products in this kit are:
This kit includes the following:

Following the phrase, the list of products is displayed.

The plugin does not affect the payment gateways. But I will make experiments.

On Plug-in panel,  I saw the field ("Name of field for bundle") you mentioned and filled in, also I added some more information on "Admin's instructions" field as well.

And when I create a new product, I can see Bundle tab is on the left however it still says same thing. Is there any other procedure or something that I can follow ?

Thanks in advance,

This is embarrassing.

In the file /modules/plugins/Bundle_Products/hooks/admin.product.pre_display.php, line 22:

Change from:
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('BUNDLE_PRODUCTS',$extra);

To:
$GLOBALS['smarty']->assign('BUNDLE_PRODUCTS',$template_vars['bundle_products']);

Thank you for your patient and helpful approach.

I know I look like dumb however I still need to ask how to use this plug-in.

Now I can see "Name of Field for Bundle" on bundle tab, and I can enter some additional data. How do I group items on 1 Product-Kit?

On "Name of field for bundle" field, I entered "This product contains:".

While creating a new product, I name it as "Product Kit" and on bundle tab, I enter other product names which I gather under my new product kit. however neither my new product kit nor other product contains any relations between each other. Again thank you for your patience and appreciate your reply.

The admin instructions say to enter a series of product_id numbers, separated by the pipe symbol.

I assume you have several items in inventory, perhaps four or five. Their product_id numbers should be in order starting at 1. You can determine the product_id number of any product by looking at the Product Inventory list and hovering the mouse cursor over any of the action icons at the right of the table or the product's name. For example:
admin.php?_g=products&sort%5Bupdated%5D=DESC&action=edit&product_id=9

Take note of three other product's product_id numbers. For example: 3, 4, and 5

Edit the product that is the kit product and view the Bundle tab. In the text field for "This product contains:", enter 3|4|5