[Resolved] Can't manage "Sale Items"

Old Larry

Hello

Please can tell me somebody how can I manage the "Sale Items" from "Shop by Category"  in my Home page of shop ?

I can't find settings for that "Sale Items" in my admin dashboard.

Please visit my shop address to view what I've ask, and sorry for my poor English language.

Thanks in advance !

Welcome to the forums, Old Larry! Have you given any items a Sale Price on the Product Listing itself?

No one, all my games made by me is free, and can be downloaded it. Please click one game product to see more (all have link for download).

Thanks for your fast response !

Edited by Old Larry

So you want to take the Sale Items OFF the menu? Look in Admin>Store Settings>Features to Disable Sales Mode.

Also, it would help to have the price say FREE instead of 0.00. There are directions somewhere on the forum for how to do that. I'll try to find the thread and add the link here for you. I found several discussions about this by searching for free price. Most involved experimentation, rather than a straight forward answer. Someone with the skills to help you with this should be along shortly. I see you are using the Nota skin. In the meantime, please let us know what version of CC you are on.

I'm not sure why your stock headings are all in English when your description is what appears to be Italian. Look on the General tab of Store Settings and be sure the Default Language is correct.

So you want to take the Sale Items OFF the menu? Look in Admin>Store Settings>Features to Disable Sales Mode.

Also, it would help to have the price say FREE instead of 0.00. There are directions somewhere on the forum for how to do that. I'll try to find the thread and add the link here for you. I found several discussions about this by searching for free price. Most involved experimentation, rather than a straight forward answer. Someone with the skills to help you with this should be along shortly. I see you are using the Nota skin. In the meantime, please let us know what version of CC you are on.

I'm not sure why your stock headings are all in English when your description is what appears to be Italian. Look on the General tab of Store Settings and be sure the Default Language is correct.

YESSSS !  Thanks, it works to disable that "Sale..."  Full thanks for help me (Y)

I used English language in the shop and on the Admin dashboard, but the smallest text description from "Welcome"  page (at bottom of slide images) it's in my native language -Romanian (RO).

BTW: this language it's not included in the CC site language downloads, it's just "Lei (RON)"  in the currency...

My CC version is CubeCart 6.0.6 Released

and I've found it in the cPanel of my hosting provider  Host Metro

CC_in_HostMetro.jpg

Edited by Old Larry
picture attached

Since you are on CubeCart v6.06, is there a particular reason you did not use the Foundation skin? There are certain code changes that have to be made to get everything in a v5 skin, like Nota, to work properly in v6.

As for the Romanian language not being available, it is possible to take the definitions.xml file in the Languages folder via your cpanel or ftp and create your own language file. It doesn't have to be done all at once, but you could open the English file in a spreadsheet and make the changes as you have time. That's assuming your customers speak Romanian, rather than English.

Here's the part you would need to change at the beginning of the ro-RO.xml file. I'm guessing what needs to be here, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<language version="2.0">
  <info>
    <title>
      <![CDATA[Romanian]]>
    </title>
    <code>ro-RO</code>
    <character_set>utf-8</character_set>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    <minVersion>5.0.0a</minVersion>
    <maxVersion>5.1.*</maxVersion>
    <default_currency>lei</default_currency>
    <text-direction>ltr</text-direction>
    <override/>
  </info>
  <translation>

If you DO need to deal with Romanian speaking customers, you will need to translate your emails into Romanian as well. Use the existing email_en-GB.xml file and translate to Romanian.

In the skin template file main.php, near the bottom, look for:

{include file='templates/ccpower.php'}

Change to:

{* include file='templates/ccpower.php' *}

That removes the attribution. In admin, Store Settings, there is the Copyright tab where you can create your own Copyright Notice.

• 6 months later...
On 8/26/2015 at 11:57 PM, bsmither said:

In the skin template file main.php, near the bottom, look for:

{include file='templates/ccpower.php'}

Change to:

{* include file='templates/ccpower.php' *}

That removes the attribution. In admin, Store Settings, there is the Copyright tab where you can create your own Copyright Notice.

where did I find this skin template file please?

On 8/27/2015 at 1:54 PM, Old Larry said:

Great ! working now.

Full thanks for help !

footer_gshop3.jpg

salut, ai rezolvat cu traducerea in romana?

On 8/26/2015 at 6:30 PM, Dirty Butter said:

Since you are on CubeCart v6.06, is there a particular reason you did not use the Foundation skin? There are certain code changes that have to be made to get everything in a v5 skin, like Nota, to work properly in v6.

As for the Romanian language not being available, it is possible to take the definitions.xml file in the Languages folder via your cpanel or ftp and create your own language file. It doesn't have to be done all at once, but you could open the English file in a spreadsheet and make the changes as you have time. That's assuming your customers speak Romanian, rather than English.

Here's the part you would need to change at the beginning of the ro-RO.xml file. I'm guessing what needs to be here, but I'm pretty sure I'm correct.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<language version="2.0">
  <info>
    <title>
      <![CDATA[Romanian]]>
    </title>
    <code>ro-RO</code>
    <character_set>utf-8</character_set>
    <version>1.0.0</version>
    <minVersion>5.0.0a</minVersion>
    <maxVersion>5.1.*</maxVersion>
    <default_currency>lei</default_currency>
    <text-direction>ltr</text-direction>
    <override/>
  </info>
  <translation>

Hi, should I change / rename, after download definitions.xml to ro-RO.xml , then upload again after translated? thanks

If you DO need to deal with Romanian speaking customers, you will need to translate your emails into Romanian as well. Use the existing email_en-GB.xml file and translate to Romanian.