Error Message

Ms Holly

I am getting the following two error messages over and over again.  I can't interpret them. Can anyone help me out.

With thanks

Holly

File: [catalogue.class.php] Line: [1254] "SELECT I.* FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I LEFT JOIN (SELECT product_id, MAX(price) as price, MAX(sale_price) as sale_price FROM CubeCart_pricing_group WHERE group_id = 0 GROUP BY product_id) as G ON G.product_id = I.product_id WHERE I.product_id IN (SELECT product_id FROM `CubeCart_category_index` as CI INNER JOIN CubeCart_category as C where CI.cat_id = C.cat_id AND C.status = 1) AND I.status = 1 AND IF (G.sale_price IS NULL, I.sale_price, G.sale_price) > 0 ORDER BY Relevance ASC LIMIT 24 OFFSET 0 " - Unknown column 'Relevance' in 'order clause'

File: [catalogue.class.php] Line: [1256] "SELECT I.* FROM CubeCart_inventory AS I LEFT JOIN (SELECT product_id, MAX(price) as price, MAX(sale_price) as sale_price FROM CubeCart_pricing_group WHERE group_id = 0 GROUP BY product_id) as G ON G.product_id = I.product_id WHERE I.product_id IN (SELECT product_id FROM `CubeCart_category_index` as CI INNER JOIN CubeCart_category as C where CI.cat_id = C.cat_id AND C.status = 1) AND I.status = 1 AND IF (G.sale_price IS NULL, I.sale_price, G.sale_price) > 0 ORDER BY Relevance ASC " - Unknown column 'Relevance' in 'order clause'

This is a known issue.

What is happening is that, on a search, CubeCart uses MySQL's ability to find matches based on the search term having any relationship or "co-appearances" to other words not necessarily searched for. For example, if a search on "teddy" is also found often enough with "lingerie" and "Roosevelt", but not including "bear" as that is way too often, then those products with the words 'lingerie' and 'Roosevelt', even though may not all may have 'teddy' with them, have a high enough relevance as to be included in the search.

The 'relevance' can be weighted and sorted by. It's wacky and a bit confusing.

But the thing is, if the search is performed in certain other ways, the relevance weights are not calculated. And yet, the search results listing page includes a sorter option of 'Relevance" (other options are Price, Name, Date Added, etc). If the customer chooses to sort by Relevance when searching for products based on price, the resultant query is something MySQL does not like.

CubeCart programmers are aware of the inclusion of "Relevance" as a sort option, when the search being performed is not looking for 'relevance'. This problem may have not been fixed in the CC5 line, but it should be fixed in the CC6 line. (But I can't find a bug report on it.) Maybe it is discussed in a forum conversation.