Additional Product Tabs

RichardHorsfield

Hi
I'm working on a new site http://www.vapourmagic.eu/

Loving v6, it seems a lot easier to get to grips with...

I've been looking for a mod or plugin that will give me additional tabs on the product pages (like, Description, Dimensions, Technical Info, etc) and I can't find anything?

Does anyone know if this is available or not?

Thanks in advance

Richard

Welcome RichardHorsfield! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

There are a few conversations on the forums about this, but I am not aware of a published plugin (but then, I haven't had my morning coffee yet).

One part is to make adding new, recurring data items to the product's set of info easier. The other part is to edit the skin template to show that additional data.

Send me a PM with your email address and we can take this to email to work out your requirements. Then we will summarize the results here.

• 11 months later...

I found this one:

Additional Product Tabs Plugin By SemperFiWebServices

I bought it and followed instructions to a t, but nothing appears on the product page after I enter content in the new admin tab. I've emailed him a few times, and haven't heard back. I might have to request a refund. Yuck.

This seems like a common request, can it maybe be added to the base? Along with getting rid of specifications, showing shipping weight there  mislead people in a bad way. (i.e. if the product weighs half pound, but packaging weighs two.)

45 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

I've contacted SemperFi with a link to this thread. It's unusual for him to not reply promptly.

Good to know. It's been almost two full days, so I was wondering if it's yet another dead site.

On the other hand, I figured it out. My installation was new, and the newest version, so when I read this:

The following instructions only apply to stores running a CubeCart version lower than 6.0.13.
They are not required for stores running CubeCart 6.0.13 or newer

I could not imagine the installations instructions referencing a non-existent version, so I presumed they would not apply to me. I guess I will have to pay more attention to the possibility of future versions, in the future.

You can join GitHub and get the commit for the next upgrade version (6.0.13) as it develops. There are a lot of hooks added in 6.0.13 that various developers have requested, including several that SFWS has asked for. When CC adds those hooks to the stock version it simplifies installing those plugins. Assuming you're on 6.0.12 or below, YOU will have to add those SFWS hooks that pertain to this plugin for now.