Changes i would like to make.

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some assistance with modifying my skin.

Please take a look at my store at Match Attax Outlet and see if you can offer any advice on doing the following;

1. Setting the side box background transparency so that the background is visible through them.

2. Changing the font colour underneath the category icons and things like the "advanced search".

3. Reducing size of the search box.

4. Centering the "Welcome to Match Attax Outlet" header on homepage...this is the document title.

5. Change colour of box containing categories and also font colour of said box.

I know this is a lot to ask but i am new to v6 and am looking to get things right first time.

Thanks in advance.

I can't help much, but I do know that the boxes on the side are named as panel in foundation.css. If you search for that, you should be able to copy over the appropriate section to cubecart.css with your transparency code instead of the light blueish gray color it currently has.

You can use the Developer Tools in FireFox and probably other browsers to see what the css is for a given element. It will give you the line number of the file controlling an element if you right click and Inspect Element. That should help you with most of your questions.

As for centering your header - since that's the title of your homepage document - do you want ALL that document to center, so it comes before the side bar or just the title?

Hi Dirty Butter,

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i can't believe i haven't used Firefox developer tool before now.

In answer to the question about centering the header, i wanted to just centre the title so i looks ok with the rest of the text. I had it like that on the old Kurouto skin but can't remember how it was done.

Eventually i want to get rid of the side boxes and have just category menus down the left hand side with text to the right of them.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, i can't believe i haven't used Firefox developer tool before now.

Eventually i want to get rid of the side boxes and have just category menus down the left hand side with text to the right of them.

Chrome also has very similar and extremely useful developers tools - invaluable to do anything like that

Semper Fi's Vertical Navigation Menu plugin is the easiest and best way to achieve category menus in a side bar column as others on here use and as we use for our new skins although you will need to change the code to move the menu from the right hand to the left hand side

Ian