What is the purpose of the "Negative" box in the options tab of a product page please

sailing123

Hi

Working on the upgrade and as the stock level cannot be re-synchronised when all the work is done, I am taking this opportunity to review all my stock options. I have to use the matrix for my products.

I thought I would create some option sets to make my life easier. So I have one called "ladies french sizes" looking like:

-SIZE:: UK 08 - FR 36 - US 4

- SIZE:: UK 10 - FR 38 - US 6

-SIZE:: UK 12 - FR 40 - US 8

- etc, etc

I go to my product, I click on option set and add ladies french sizes. I then tick status and matrix, save and reload, and no matrix appeared, problem number 1.

I then noticed that if I tick the box called negative, the matrix then works ? So what's the function of this box called "negative" ?

If I add one option by itself and not using the option set, then I do not need to tick the negative box for it to be added to the matrix. I just tick the matrix box, save and reload and all fine, it is automatically added to the matrix so this negative box seems to be critical for the option set. Correct ?

Then although all my product options are all well incrementally organised, it is all a mismatch once transferred in the options matrix, so it is not easy when you have several lines of options and all the sizes are all over the place. Problem number 2, why is the incremental order all lost in the matrix ?

Thanks for your advice.

Sandrine

Hi,

I need to understand the purpose of the "negative" box in the options tab of the product page please as it clearly triggers the matrix in some circumstances as described above. I searched online before posted here originally but no info. Surely the developers behind Cubecart should be able to answer this one easily ?

Thank you.

Sandrine

I do not know why the option price differential requires a separate "Is this value negative" setting. It may be a legacy coding solution.

If a product's price includes a certain property, and you offer an option to not have that property applied, then there may be a price differential that would cause the product to sell at a lower price. Thus, negative, while the value of the price differential is still entered using only decimal numbers and up to one single period.

I do not have an answer for its affect on the Matrix Options table. I have not explored that.

Hi bsmither,

Thanks for your reply and explanation. Maybe Al has the answer ?

I am obviously very keen to be assured whether option sets/matrix are working perfectly together or not because I am about to change over 200 products from individual options to option sets, so I could save myself a lot of time or create myself a lot of headache if there is a bug of some sorts lying with this "negative" setting box.

(on a separate note, perfectly happy to assist you testing the "export stock with options" we discussed a way back, just let me know when you are ready :-) )

Thanks

Sandrine