Cubecart not working on IE.

MARIO AWNA

The cubecart site is finalised but on testing on IE, it does not seem to work. I tested on all skins and they are all the same responses. The site seem to be just landing on the page for login but it does not respond to login at all

https://www.url.com/site/index.php?_a=login

I removed the SSL as well and it the same issue.

Please hel. Thank you. (Note do you need the site address here?)

I am trying with IE11 on a Win7 netbook, and, while I do get /site/index.php?_a=login as an address in the browser address bar, the page does post the form data I entered, and I get a warning banner complaining about an invalid username or password.

If you are using IE, press the F12 key on the top row of the keyboard. This opens up the Developer's Tools window. Then press the F5 key to watch the network traffic. You will see some interesting things.

I am seeing all these zopim & googleapis..which I don't understand. Is there something I should do with these?

Anonymous function    1    0.00    0.00    https://v2.zopim.com/[email protected]    7,470        

m.selectors.preFilter.TAG    2    0.00    0.00    https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7/jquery.min.js    3        

Do nothing. What I am wanting you to see is the top item in the waterfall list, where it says POST. If you look at the details of that POSTing, you should see the username and password values getting sent back to CubeCart.

If these POSTed values do not appear in the details of this line item, then maybe IE's security setting is too strict.

Soon, I will try to register using IE11. If I can, then the problem is not with CubeCart.

If I can register with IE11 but you cannot, then I would have to blame your browser's security settings.

I will report back with my results.

In a perfect world, Internet Explorer would have been buried alongside the thousands of Atari "E.T." console cartridges (recently dug up, I cannot comprehend why).

"Enable Debugging" where?

In CubeCart? (Store Settings, Advanced tab) The debugging output would not cause IE to misbehave. ---Well, I cannot actually say that. I'll have to test. But if IE does not behave because of where the DEBUG output gets added to the page being sent back, then [very large number of four-letter words describing IE].

Could you try again....I changed the PW to password

"Enable Debugging" where?

In CubeCart? (Store Settings, Advanced tab) The debugging output would not cause IE to misbehave. ---Well, I cannot actually say that. I'll have to test. But if IE does not behave because of where the DEBUG output gets added to the page being sent back, then [very large number of four-letter words describing IE].

Yes ..Enable Debugging on the store setting section of cubecart.  After I turned it OFF, all the issues seem to have disappeared...

In CubeCart's settings, if you also enter an IP address, then CubeCart's DEBUG section will only appear on pages sent to browsers at that IP address.

So, @Dirty_Butter, I think unless you have your IP address in MARIO AWNA's CubeCart site's settings, you shouldn't get the debug section, unless that field is empty - then everyone sees it. But I didn't see it.