[Resolved] Reset Search terms

Highway Rider

Well now that I have been working on the setup up of the store and have a pretty good handle on the basics the only thing that I have  not been able  to figure out, or find is the location to  reset the search terms. The reason that I would like to know how to do this is that before I go live with the store I would like to start The search terms from a new beginning and get rid of my testing of the . Is this something that would have to be done with SQL. If so I have no Idea how to enter the script for that. The only thing that i have seen is  to do with this file "cubecart7ab.kux_CubeCart_search" and then saying something to the effect of  "empty" . I have found this file in the maintenance area but in the drop down menu at the bottom there is nothing that says reset. 

The table CubeCart_search (which is the one you have found) is the database table that holds a list of the search terms used within the store along with the number of times it has been used.  In older versions of CubeCart there used to be a small routine that would reset that and my expectation woukd be that this should be in the Admin Maintenance section but it isnt there so I will raise a github issue referencing this thread and ask that it be added back in a future release.

Until that time, the only way to reset this is to use a MySQL command to truncate the table although if yours is already saying empty then that means this has already been done as there are no records stored

Ian

This has been reported https://github.com/cubecart/v6/issues/803

Edited by havenswift-hosting
Added git issue url