[Resolved] 4q04 error

gayledawn

Hi again

Sorry for all the questions lol

When I check my stats in admin I notice a lot of the following

http://gayledawn.com/index.php?_a=404 »

A lot of the viewers that show up in stats seem to be getting a 404, but I have checked every page on my site and there are no broken links

Any ideas?

My website is http://gayledawn.com 

Today, 16:55Today, 16:550.00

The "_a=404" is actually a page in CubeCart 606 that (I suppose) can be customized.

This "Product Not Found" page is delivered by CubeCart when the search-engine-friendly path to the product cannot be found in the database.

The seo_path may no longer be in the database because the product was deleted from the inventory, or the admin changed the seo_path to be a more appropriate description, or the product changed its category or the category's seo_path changed.

The situation is likely that someone took note of an item's seo-friendy web address and then that address had changed.

However, there is also a new directive in the web server's .htaccess file for CubeCart that informs the web server to use the "_a=404" page as the appropriate response when, in fact, a page request is made where that page actually does not exist, such as www.example.com/innnnnnndex.php.

It's worth checking to be sure it's not an issue you can fix. For instance I had a 404 link showing up today for one item on Google Feed. Turns out the SEO url had a hyphen at the end - I probably changed my mind on what I wanted the url to be and didn't catch that at the time.

But generally it's not something to freak over - just means someone tried to get to a page that does not exist in that form (Maybe it used to exist, or maybe they miss typed it).