CC6 with PayPal IPN - does it work?

PeteW1959

I ran CC4 for a couple of years, then upgraded to CC5 and it all went wrong. PayPal IPNs were completely unreliable and I ended up losing customers because they gave up trying to make payments. Added to this I just couldn't trust that orders marked as paid actually were so I ended up manually cross-referencing everything, which defeated the object of IPN.

In the end I ditched CC in favour of Magento. PayPal integration works perfectly in Magento, but it is a slow, lumbering beast that is far from user friendly.

I am thinking of returning to CC, but has anyone got experience of using CC6 with PayPal IPN? Does it work properly and can I rely on it?

• 9 months later...

I do not use Cubecart so I cannot answer your question. However, I've search a lot for Magento. I think you should stay with Magento because Magento updates its site regularly. May be after they make an update on Magento, your problem is solved. 

Regards,

Also successfully using PP's standard gateway with CC6.  My old CC3 store stumbled occasionally at the point where the customer had paid, but it didn't direct back to the store, which made the customer wonder if the payment had gone through properly, but it worked fine at my end. 

My new CC6 store seems to be working well with PayPal and you do now get a transaction log - which shows the time they paid and the status of the order (at least that wasn't in CC3).