Changing Print order Form Statuses

peterp

Hi All,

I have a customer who uses the 'Print Order Form' as a payment gateway and all seems OK except when they check the status of the order in the transaction logs it remains set to 'Pending' even though the order has gone through the 'Processing' and 'Completed' actions. This I think causes an extra order confirmation email to be sent to admin, I could see where this would be correct as a reminder to admin that and order has not been fulfilled, however theses orders have been fulfilled and they thought 'Completed'

What can be done about this for the 'Print Order Form' payment gateway, they also use Pay-Pal as a payment gateway and this one works perfectly.

Any help with this issue would be very much appreciated please.

Best Regards,

Peterp

I think this is normal behavior. There is code in the payment gateways that will log actions into the transaction log initiated by that gateway -- sending an order to Pending, Processing, Payment Received, etc. The POF is not designed to log things such as this.

And neither are administrative actions designed to log entries into the transaction log. But they do show on the order's History tab.

(You mention PayPal, but when the admin moves a 'PayPal' order to complete, does this administrative action actually get logged in the transaction log? It seems to me it wouldn't.)

So, we can either edit the code to log administrative actions regarding changing the order status into in the transaction log, or convince the store owner to give more weight to the History tab of the respective order.

I think this is normal behavior. There is code in the payment gateways that will log actions into the transaction log initiated by that gateway -- sending an order to Pending, Processing, Payment Received, etc. The POF is not designed to log things such as this.

And neither are administrative actions designed to log entries into the transaction log. But they do show on the order's History tab.

(You mention PayPal, but when the admin moves a 'PayPal' order to complete, does this administrative action actually get logged in the transaction log? It seems to me it wouldn't.)

So, we can either edit the code to log administrative actions regarding changing the order status into in the transaction log, or convince the store owner to give more weight to the History tab of the respective order.

Hi Brian,

Thankyou for your fast reply.

The issue my client is having is he gets a reminder email of orders where  their customers have used the POF payment gateway. All the orders that where paid using Pay-Pal show up in the transaction log correctly as being completed whereas the POF orders still show pending

The correct steps are being performed by my client with regards to order completion, however the status for these orders in the transaction log is still showing pending and I think this is why he receives a reminder email, do you think this is what is causing the reminder email and if so can we change some code to fix it.

My client is using the history tab and it is showing all the right statuses, but the repeat email is causing problems with same orders being filled again.

I hope this explains what is happening and I look forward to your thoughts

The client is using ver 6.0.7

Best Regards,

Peterp

I'll be happy to study the issue, but I am still reluctant to believe that the PayPal module logs to the Transaction Log an Order status as Complete.

I would like to know what edits were made to that store such that the admin gets an email of Pending orders.

Please send me a PM with your email address.

I'll be happy to study the issue, but I am still reluctant to believe that the PayPal module logs to the Transaction Log an Order status as Complete.

I would like to know what edits were made to that store such that the admin gets an email of Pending orders.

Please send me a PM with your email address.

Hi Brian,

I have sent you a PM with screen shots and also my email address

regards,

Peterp