Product Options and skins other than Foundation

Steve Collier

Hi,

I have products with lots of options in my store which display with no issues using the Foundation skin. However, when I installed the e-tone skin none of the drop down boxes or radio boxes displayed. Thinking this was an issue with this one skin I installed a couple others and they all have the same issue.

Has anyone else encountered this before?

With thanks,

Steve

As each version of CubeCart gets more features and capabilities, the skin must also be updated to accommodate the additional data the new features makes available.

Yes, third-party skins that do not keep up with CubeCart's data sets will not be able to show some data.

This doesn't apply to me, because my skins are adapted from Foundation and I keep up with upgrade changes. But for those, like Steve, who have 3rd party skins that worked properly with v6 but now are behind with upgrades - what advice if any can you give, @bsmither , for individuals attempting to add these data points to their skin?

This can be part of the problem using free skins that may or may not be updated - the ideal would be if the skin author releases new updates with each new release of CubeCart.  Other than that, the only option is to do as you do and do a manual compare for all skin files between the different versions of Foundation (assuming they are based on Foundation that is !) and make the changes themselves

Ian

• 2 months later...

I couldn't get the product options to work with the Crosshatch skin in CCv6, but on inspection I noticed that the product_options_group.option_type was set to 4 for my product  options group. I updated this to 0 using MySQL, which fixed it.

In the admin panel, this is equivalent to setting the options group type to a Dropdown List.

Sorry I'm a bit low on detail here but I did this in a rush during my lunch hour :)