Possible to setup private custom orders?

dscurlock

We sale bulk items, for the most part, people are happy with the standard, buy this option...However, we have many 

combinations that would just make the cart options not attractive. What custom order one person wants many never

do for the next 10,000 people. Is it possible to create a custom/private/order/invoice for clients that want custom orders...

Custom orders that I simply would not put online for the public, as too many options may simply confuse everyone else....

I am more curious about payment options, obviously paypal is one of them, what other

us providers are out that would be easy to setup in the event some may not use paypal...believe it

or not, not everyone is familer with paypal and could be a turn off, everyone is familer with payments

such as Mastercard, Visa, etc. I am not looking to replace paypal, but add other pay options...

How about stripe, is that a pay option of CubeCart?

I would also like to inquire about the check out process. For the most part, when someone finds something

they want, they want to check out fast, and be gone, not linger around from one page to the next...

Ie: Quick Pay would be  plus, not flipping through 4 pages until you finally can checkout. The more pages

people have to jump too, the less likely they will end up checking out, they will be gone in a flash...

How easy is cubecart? I was taking a look into the admin/demo...

It somewhat feels overwhelming as it feels like I was looking at 10,000 options...

Thank-You

Edited by dscurlock

The admin can make an order in the admin screens. The inventory being sold on an admin-created order doesn't actually have to exist. But, start typing the product code or name in the field, and a suggestion pop-up will let you choose from existing inventory.

I haven't checked with CC607 as yet, but the last version I did check, an admin-created order will not have a link to a digital product that the customer can later access.

There is also the problem (again, not checked with CC607 if fixed) that an admin order, even though will show to the customer in their account order history page, cannot actually pay for it.

The Marketplace has a variety of Payment Gateway modules.

There are a couple store configurations an admin can make to remove one or two steps of the checkout process.

The admin can make an order in the admin screens. The inventory being sold on an admin-created order doesn't actually have to exist. But, start typing the product code or name in the field, and a suggestion pop-up will let you choose from existing inventory.

I haven't checked with CC607 as yet, but the last version I did check, an admin-created order will not have a link to a digital product that the customer can later access.

There is also the problem (again, not checked with CC607 if fixed) that an admin order, even though will show to the customer in their account order history page, cannot actually pay for it.

The Marketplace has a variety of Payment Gateway modules.

There are a couple store configurations an admin can make to remove one or two steps of the checkout process.

We create products on demand, so we have no use for actual inventory.

So if a client wants a qty of 25, we do not physically have 25 on hand...

We would make the qty of 25 using our raw material, then ship...

I need to be able to invoice custom orders something similar to paypal

where you can log into paypal, then send your client an invoice to pay.

I would rather take care of everything in one place...but I guess I cannot...

Ie: Deal with cart orders, deal with custom invoicing via paypal, deal with

usps to print up out shipping labels, then have to go back to the cart

and update tracking info so the client is updated on tracking....

It makes no sense for me to create a custom order for a client

if they are not able to access the custom order so they can pay....

It makes no sense for me to create a custom order for a client

if they are not able to access the custom order so they can pay....

Other kinds of CC users have occasion to create orders from scratch via Admin - and can provide customer payment method by logging in as the customer and creating the order that way. 

I have 6.0.7 installed - I'll test the payment of an Admin created order later on today. If it doesn't work, perhaps a request in GitHub so the customer could pay for Admin created orders via the customer Order History?

• 7 months later...

I just created an order for a customer through the Admin Panel. The hope was to ask the customer to login and pay via the store. The order shows up when the customer logs in, however no link is visible for him to pay a "pending" order. 

Is this even possible?

I've had success by logging in AS the customer and creating the order from the store front, taking it all the way to payment. That creates a normal Pending order. I then email and have them login and go to their order history and pay from there.

As a customer, the customer cannot create ad hoc inventory.

Aside from that, having the customer not be able to transact a Pending order has been discussed before. I am not sure if this situation has been solved yet.