Applied patches for 6.0.8 now get white screen and can't login to admin or see store

Claudia M

All I did was apply the patches for issues 795845 and 846. manually instead of doing a complete upload and now I can't login in to admin and my store won't load.  Just blank white pages.  I took out the patches and put the files back as they were and still have the same problem. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Claudia

there are no errors in the admin error log in phpMyAdmin.  There is no just error_log

The following was in the system_error_log : includes/functions.inc.php:148 - Error checking CHMOD with the time 1444081954

Claudia

the permissions are set at 755 on the classes/cubecart.class.php and the classes/lanuage.class.php - the files that needed patching in 608

The error_log will not be in phpMyAdmin. Somewhere else in the hosting control panel, you may find an icon to show errors.

The error_log may also be in the main CubeCart folder of your store.

I would think that by editing those files, their "ownership" would not have changed - certainly not their file permissions.

The error message is coming from an attempt by CubeCart to make sure the cache directory can accept a new file or folder. That attempt is failing.

found the error log.  This is what was in it.

[Tue Oct 06 17:18:20 2015] [error] [client 68.180.228.243] File does not exist: /home1/willow39/public_html/images/source/vbso
[Tue Oct 06 17:13:01 2015] [error] [client 66.249.67.228] File does not exist: /home1/willow39/public_html/images/cache/vhmp/120
[Tue Oct 06 17:09:00 2015] [error] [client 66.249.67.144] File does not exist: /home1/willow39/public_html/images/cache/vbso

Ok I think i found what you were talking about.  The error is

[14-Aug-2015 06:11:42 UTC] PHP Warning:  Security Warning: Illegal array key "sort%5Bdate_added%5D" was detected and was removed. in /home1/willow39/public_html/classes/sanitize.class.php on line 72

There were a lot of these errors

I got it to fix.  Copied and pasted the classes/language.class.php from the original 607 into control panel. Eerything works now

The error is just a warning -- in this case, sorting the list of products for a View Category page won't work. (I had another case just like this a short while ago.) It seemed the URL was getting "double-encoded". (Al fixed that instance for that CubeCart installation, but the user didn't mention what Al did to fix it.)

There must be a different error relating to the language.class.php file.