header for 'clean' skin

I purchased the new 'clean' template last week and am trying to figure out how to add a custom image at the header (center next to the logo). https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/skins/clean-skin

I uploaded the image to the images file as header.png

I emailed the developer twice (with a few different questions) and never got a reply. Kinda disappointing as I was going to purchase this template for 6 other cubecart sites.

If someone can help me with the code, I'd appreciate it. website is firstcommunions.com

Janice

I purchased the new 'clean' template last week and am trying to figure out how to add a custom image at the header (center next to the logo). https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/skins/clean-skin

I emailed the developer twice (with a few different questions) and never got a reply. Kinda disappointing as I was going to purchase this template for 6 other cubecart sites.

Hi Janice

Unfortunately this is the problem with using free or cheap skins that have no on-going support.  This is exactly the sort of issue that should be covered by support from the developer but it is always a shame that people have to find this out after the fact !

Ian

I have only seen the one email you sent today which was replied to the same day, if there were any others please forward them as they haven't been received.

Are you emailing direct or using the contact form on the marketplace?

For anyone with a similar question, Janice wants to modify the skin to include an image where the slogan text appears. Here is my reply:

By default that area should only be used for text but if you want to change this you can do so by amending the main.php template file.

You will see this:

<section class="slogan">
{$LANG.cleanskin.slogan}
</section>

You can remove {$LANG.cleanskin.slogan} and add your own image there, but you also have to consider the mobile breakpoints for this as this section will change as the browser width is reduced for use on mobile/tablet. It is also worth mentioning that any style based amends should be overridden rather than changed, you can override styles through the included custom.css file.

$70 isnt cheap but also isnt that expensive when you consider the large number of hours that developers put into the initial development of a skin plus you also need to take into account whether the developer in known and a regular member around the CubeCart community and therefore whether they are likely to provide on-going support and development to keep the skin (or plugin) up to date with changes to V6.  CubeCart history is littered (as other products are as well) with developers that come and go - some very good and some not so good - how much is your business worth to you ?

Ian

I have only seen the one email you sent today which was replied to the same day, if there were any others please forward them as they haven't been received.

Are you emailing direct or using the contact form on the marketplace?

For anyone with a similar question, Janice wants to modify the skin to include an image where the slogan text appears. Here is my reply:

By default that area should only be used for text but if you want to change this you can do so by amending the main.php template file.

You will see this:

<section class="slogan">
{$LANG.cleanskin.slogan}
</section>

You can remove {$LANG.cleanskin.slogan} and add your own image there, but you also have to consider the mobile breakpoints for this as this section will change as the browser width is reduced for use on mobile/tablet. It is also worth mentioning that any style based amends should be overridden rather than changed, you can override styles through the included custom.css file.

hi I submitted the first one through the form the second by email figuring you may not have gotten the first

the skin is lovely and definately worth the price . Thank you for getting back to me

Janice 

I think there maybe an issue with the contact form on the market place as I have also had two emails I have replied to which were submitted through that form, the second saying they hadn't received a reply the first time.

The best solution right now is to contact me direct on my email address on the skin listing.

Although I haven't been around under this username I have been working with CubeCart for the past five years, I was part of the Toucan Web Design team who put together the crosshatch skin a few years ago and I've worked on over 200 v3-6 websites.

Edited by fldavidallsop