[Resolved] Questions on estimate shipping + {if $value.absolute_price == '1'}

fldavidallsop

I have been reviewing 6.0.6-6.0.8 and I need a couple of questions answering:

Estimate Shipping - content.checkout.medium-up.php

On the foundation checkout medium/small template files I am seeing code for estimate shipping, but I can't find a marketplace plugin or option in the  admin area for this - can you explain what this is used for currently?

Product - content.product.php

I am seeing some new classes of 'absolute' being added upon {if $value.absolute_price == '1'}, why? 

Estimated shipping has been a part of CubeCart for many, many versions. Until CubeCart has a valid destination address for the customer, during the viewing of the Basket prior to moving through the checkout process, CubeCart uses the address of the store - shipping from the store to the store - to show "estimated" shipping costs.

A "Feature Request" was made to the developers that the prices of options assigned to products would, in certain situations, better reflect the actual total cost if those options were "actual" final product prices --  in addition to assigning "difference" prices to the base price of the product. I don't see a discussion that detailed a use case to illustrate its need.