[Resolved] Order stays at "pending" when paypal payment made

Brian T

Hi,

Recently, when customers have paid for their order for digital products usign paypal, the order status is remaining at "Pending", which means I've got to manually set it to "order complete" before they can downlaod the digital product they've paid for.

In the past, orders were marked as "order complete" when payments were made using paypal.

Any help as to where I can reset this?

Many thanks.

Brian.

• 4 weeks later...

I've upgraded to the most recent version of cubecart:

CubeCart Version
PHP Version
MySQL Version
5.1.73-log

and it still appears to be leaving orders paid for with paypal as "pending" - is there a way of editing this version of cubecart so that the order will show as complete once paypent with paypal is made (using the standard paypal plugin).

Help greatly appreciated here if possible please.

In the list of items in the admin, Manage Plugins page, for PayPal, that item(s) will show as either a 'Plugin' or a 'Gateway'. Which one (or both) do you have installed?

The PayPal 'gateway' is coded to listen for an "Instant Payment Notification" (IPN). The gateway code informs PayPal of the URL to use to communicate the IPN with your store. You do not have to set it (probably not, anyway). The 'plugin' may do things a bit differently -- I don't know, for sure.

How do you know if the IPN is being received by your store?

1. In your Hosting Account's Control Panel, find the history of web accesses - the "raw web log". Do not look at the summarizations of web access that shows the most popular pages, most popular search engine referrals, etc, of what these utilities show. It will be a web log, probably archived by day. Look through the list for a URL that starts with:
index.php?_g=rm&type=gateway and has PayPal in the URL somewhere

This is PayPal communicating with your store with the results of the transaction.

Once you verify that PayPal is communicating with your store by finding the evidence in your web access log, then...

2. Visit your PayPal Merchant Account Control Panel at PayPal and find the IPN Results log. (I do not know what it is actually called.) CubeCart will cause your hosted account's web server to answer - if everything is working - with a 200 OK response. PayPal's IPN Results log will show if any IPN message did not get a 200 OK response.

Once you verify that PayPal has not received any response other than 200 OK responses, then we can start looking at CubeCart code.