[Resolved] Problems upgrading MySQL

PAC

When I checked my email this morning, I had complaints from customers that they were getting a MySQL Error when attempting to checkout. Upon investigating this issues, I realized that there was a notification in my cpanel stating that the version of MySQL was no longer supported and that I needed to upgrade. I logged into our WHM and used the MySQL upgrade tool. At the end of the upgrade, it stated that the upgrade completed successfully and the database rebuild completed successfully, but now when I try to login to my CubeCart dashboard, I am given error and warning messages and it is not allowing me to access my dashboard. I have attached screenshots for reference (screenshot 01 is at the login screen and screenshot 02 is after I attempt to login). I can provide the MySQL upgrade log file if that will help. Thanks in advance for your help!

Screenshot 01.JPG

Screenshot 02.JPG

You can ignore the Headers already sent messages. They are a result of prior errors.

Your host may have also upgraded the version of PHP on your account.

If it is at all possible, please upgrade to at least the latest version of CC4. The code there may have fixed the Strict Standards message.

The other messages about Deprecated functions is caused by the version of PHP running on your account advising you that some things are about to disappear.

There is some conversations about suppressing the deprecated messages -- search these forums for deprecated and also on the www.cubecartforums.org site.

Ok. I will try to upgrade to the latest CC4. What would be best way to go about doing the upgrade? I have done it from the admin dashboard in the past, but I am unable to access the admin dashboard.

Thank you for the link. I did that and the errors went away. I am also able to get back to my dashboard. From what i understand, this isn't a permanent fix to the problem, just a work around to get rid of the errors. Should I proceed with attempting an upgrade?

Even though I am in the dashboard, it still appears that the database isn't functioning correctly, but it appears to have acknowledged the upgrade because it is showing MySQL Version 5.6.23. CubeCart Version is 4.3.3 and PHP version is 5.5.30.

I would say it's not so much a "problem" as it is a "situation". It's a situation that needed to be accommodated, but it's not a problem until you start to use a PHP version where the deprecated functions have actually been removed.

Make a backup of your existing CC4 and the database.

Have you made any customizations to your CC4 store? Any mods that required code changes to make them work? If so, then do not proceed. Stop here.

Then download and FTP to your site the latest version of CC4 -- allowing the FTP program to overwrite every file that already exists.

Then run the setup program at www.my_store.com/setup/index.php

If nothing crashes, then you can give some thought to going to CC5 or CC6 (a number of caveats to doing so).

I see. I made a backup of the store and database before upgrading MySQL. We do have a third-party coupon code mod purchased from Expanding Brain (Estelle's Mod Store). We have also made edits to the USPS plugin, which you helped me with about a month or so ago.

Hopefully, you still have the instructions from the mod so that it can be re-applied. You can remove the USPS plugin from the CC4 package you are about to FTP to your site. As there is no USPS plugin to upload, the existing plugin will not be overwritten.

I have installed the latest version of CC4. Everything seems to be working fine on the user end. However, I am unable to login to the admin dashboard. I have tried the old credentials and requested a new password and neither seem to be accepted.

Did you let CC4 run the setup program?

I am not 100% familiar with CC4, but when this happens to me on CC3, I need to go to this address:

www.my_store.com/admin/logoff.php (if I recall correctly, and I may need to do it more than once)

Then clear the browser cookies that point to that domain.

That usually clears out the confusion about logging in.

I tried that and received a Page Not Found. I checked the files on the server to see if there was a similar page somewhere else. I found admin/sources/logout.inc.php. I tried that, but received an Internal Server Error. I also tried clearing browser cookies and cache.

Edited by PAC

I tried a different browser and was able to get in to the admin dashboard. It looks like there is a cookie or something in my Firefox browser that is keeping me from getting in, even though I have cleared the cookies and cache. I will try some other things and see if I can get it to let me in.

Got it to let me in. I rebooted my computer and then cleared the cookies and cache again and it let me in. Everything appears to be working as it should.