[Resolved] website won't load

Hoping someone can assist me. One of my cubecart sites went down (blank white screen). I believe it happened within the last 24 hours. The error log says:

Edited by jlennon1863

I think there could be a few causes. (There is no ability to edit a skin template file in admin - the email templates, yes, but not your skin template.)

You get an empty drop-down box? Where exactly? Perhaps Store Settings, Layout tab, Skin Settings section?

Within your hosting account's control panel (Cpanel?), File Explorer, make sure your skin's folder is present and that it and it's contents have appropriate file permissions. (I have come across situations where the server administrator changed the permissions to '000' because of some perceived, false-positive security threat.)

I resolved it. The templates were not showing in the 'store settings" - "layout' section so I again went to the cpanel and noticed that the skins folder was not showing at all . I think I had looked at one of my other sites as I was flip flopping which made me think it was there. So what I did was I downloaded the skins folder from one of my other sites that I use the same color scheme and uploaded and then went back to my admin and voila, the templates were showing again in the drop down box and the site now works.

I have no clue what caused this as I haven't made any changes to this site in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

Hoping someone can assist me. One of my cubecart sites went down (blank white screen). I believe it happened within the last 24 hours. The error log says:

public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:219 - Unable to load template file 'templates/content.product.php'

I haven't made any recent changes to the template or this website since I upgraded a few weeks ago. I then went into 'store settings' figuring I could temporarily change the template so the site would come back but none of the templates are showing. I get  an empty drop down box. When I checked my file manager, the skins are showing.

website is https://www.clergy-apparel.com

Janice

Hello. I saw on other post that you purchased the Clean Skin but your site does not seem to be using it. 

Did you end up NOT using it because of some issues?

Thanks.

I haven't made any recent changes to the template or this website since I upgraded a few weeks ago. I then went into 'store settings' figuring I could temporarily change the template so the site would come back but none of the templates are showing. I get  an empty drop down box. When I checked my file manager, the skins are showing.

Janice

Hello. I saw on other post that you purchased the Clean Skin but your site does not seem to be using it. 

Thanks.

Hi, sorry just saw this post. I did use the clean skin on my other site: https://www.firstcommunions.com I like it because its responsive and it allows the products to be displayed as grid rather than list. Yes I do recommend it.

Edited by jlennon1863

public_html/includes/lib/smarty/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php:219 - Unable to load template file 'templates/content.product.php'

website is https://www.clergy-apparel.com

Janice

Thanks.

Hi, sorry just saw this post. I did use the clean skin on my other site: https://www.firstcommunions.com I like it because its responsive and it allows the products to be displayed as grid rather than list. Yes I do recommend it.

Thank you