Individual product shipping value.

Guest qdpie.com

Glad to see my mods up here. :)

BTW, brooky. Did you install and test everything to make sure it all worked? Like I said, I am pretty sure I included all the changes.

I guess I should have done this a long time ago. The field ship_price needs to be added into the store_inventory table of your cart. If you know how to add fields in your data base. Add ship_price DECIMAL 10,2 into store_inventory. If you need help creating the field, I have uploaded a modified install.php that will create the required field to make the ship_price mod work. You can download it here.

ship_price.zip

Just upload it to the same dir as you did the original install.php and go to it. It will work the same as the original. The only thing that will be altered is the addition of the new field.

Edited by qdpie.com

Guest stijnj

hi qdpie

Glad to see my mods up here. 

And so am I , but....

would you re-write your Individual product shipping value mod, so everyone can use it ?!

i'll try to explain

As i want to modify my Cubecart, I do not want to overwrite a complete file that allreaddy might have been modded, because i would loose the mods i allreaddy included in that file. I'm discussing this issue with brooky too. My sugestion is to write mods in this way :

Install.txt :

/**********************************************************

*                           CUBECART 2.00 INFO

*        Developer: Alistar Brookbanks (Brooky.com)

*        Copyright: ©2003 http://www.brooky.com

*        Copyright: ©2003 http://www.cubecart.com

*        This program is not "free" software and restrictions apply!

*        Further Info: http://www.cubecart.com/license.php

*        Contact [email protected] if any conditions are not clear.

*        Licensees holding valid "CubeCart Licence Number" may edit

*        the (powered by CubeCart) from browser title and "Powered by CubeCart"

*        and "© Brooky.com" from the web page footer.

*        This file is provided AS IS with NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING

*        THE WARRANTY OF DESIGN, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR

*        PURPOSE. This and all others in the download package can only be

*        redistributed with written permission from Alistair Brookbanks!

*        The "CubeCart License" is available to purchase at

*        https://secure.cubecart.com/

*        For pricing please contact us via e-mail at [email protected]

*                           MOD INFO

* File info     : install.txt

* Purpose    : helps to install blah blah mod in your CubeCart

* Author      :  mod author name

* Last update: DD/MM/YYYY

* Special note : allways backup your files before adding mods !!

*******************************************************************/

####################################

#  STEP 1  UPDATE YOUR LANG FILES !!

OPEN:

admin/lang/english.inc.php

1 create a MOD TEXT section (skip if you allready have one)

2 insert:

$la_mod_shortmodname_variable1 ="text1";

$la_mod_shortmodname_variable2 ="text2";

$la_mod_shortmodname_variable3 ="text3";

-----> special note :

do the same in the other language.inc.php files : translate every line between " "

save your file(s)

#  STEP 2  TO DO'S

open :

blahbla.php

find:

blah blah text

replace / add above / add below:

blahblah modtext

save your file  etc...

include complete php.files in your .zip only as they are new (nonexcisting cubecartfiles) Just want to be helpfull to write mods that will be usefull for every CubeCart user

Greetz,

Stijn

Hello, ;)

Tried To Add The Individual Product Shipping Value MOD

and it throu an mysql error in order.php on line 426 which is:

$result_sel_cat = mysql_query($sel_cat).

It also did not add the shipping price that

i gave a certain product it left 0.00. :dizzy:

I was able to add a price to an individual item

Please Advise

Best Regards,

Bill AKA wildbill :)

[email protected]

Hello,

I to had this problem when adding this mod and i know why now :)

He forgot to tell us to add a new database fieldin the store_inventory just add a new field in store_inventory that is "decimal" type and in "lenght" enter 30,2 and in "standard" enter 0.00 and it should be named ship_price

Its like a copy of the price field but its named ship_price

When i did this it worked just like i wanted it to :dizzy:

Gdpie please fix your install package so people dont knowing whats wrong just trow the mod away.

I first saw the misstake when i wondred where the shipping price for the product where stored, since you never needed to edit the database :)

So it was a simple misstake but i hope i helped someone now :dizzy:

Guest qdpie.com

would you re-write your Individual product shipping value mod, so everyone can use it ?!

I haven't looked to see what is in the download that is available. I did send individual instructions in a file, with what lines to add and change. Look for it in the file ship_price.php I believe. The readme.txt should explain everything.

He forgot to tell us to add a new database field in the store_inventory just add a new field in

Sorry bout that. I was so worried about making sure I had all the changes listed, I forgot about adding the field.

well, this may be not the right place for my question, well:

here it is:

I need to modify the cubecart to do the following:

1) Manual processing, i.e. the purchase info is sent to the store owner for manual processing and not online merchant.

2) Doscount code possibility, i.e. discounts is applied to the price, if the cutomer has a specific assigned coupon code. I guess each code must be unique for one time use, and with ability to have specific amount for the code.

Or may be general code, which can be used more than once.

If someone knows how to do that and can do that, please let me know.

jonathan

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Marilyn

:w00t: Does anyone know how to do the cost of the freight per the weight of the product? To where it is automatically calculated by UPS and added to the invoice? :^^: Thank you!!!

Guest kiteman

I also would like a mod to either use UPS online tools using xml or simply html

and let the user pick the best shipping cost and input it into the shopping cart at check out

Would also need a mod to calcuate weight in products area.

Mainly because I would like to charge actual shipping rates

Thanks

Guest qdpie.com

I have done some checking into the ups shipping calculator. Good news is it can be done. Bad news, to be done so everyone can use it is very crude. I can set up a simple html addition that would send the shipping weight info to the ups page, where it is entered into their shipping form at ups.com. It returns several shipping options, and their costs. The downside to this, is there is no way to add those costs to the cart, unless the customer were to add them manually.

If someone with some xml skills could attempt this, there is a way to incorperate it into the current script. UPS states, to include the html version into a script, would take about an hour. To include the xml version, could take up to 20 hours. After doing several hours of research on this topic. It seems to be beyond my abillities. Atleast for the time being.

If anyone is interested in the crude html version, let me know. I haven't finished it yet, but it wouldn't take long to. I have tested it in the order.php and it works. I just need to make a place to enter the item info into.

Guest kiteman

I also have done some research on it. And concur with your post. I am trying to get a grasp on the xml but have some thoughts on how to get the info out of the html return. Since the file returned is always the same at least in format shouldn't be to hard to extract the data. either way will take some time. have you already mod the product to include weight??

Please send it to me at [email protected]

Thanks

will keep you informed :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest qdpie.com

Did you replace the php files with the ones I included? Or did you alter the existing files you have installed? What exactly isn't working?

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Please help!

I have added feild into my database and done everything. But:

Basket Total: $15.00

Tax (7.25%): $0.26

Postage & Packaging: $0.00

Amount payable: $15.26

I have added $3.00 for S&H

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please print the code that needs to be added to the store_inventory php to make the ship value work. Some of us are newbies to php. If you could print all the text then tell us where to past it many thanks will come your way. rusty :rolly: :D

Guest carasel

Hey Folks,

Would there be a way to configure the script to input the shipping weight and to send zip code while putting in your or from zip in the code(to be configured by owner)?

Hope you understood that... lol.

just a thought..

Marie

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I really need this mod, so I gave it a try.

So, I used WinMerge to merge my files together. No problems there. Then I uploaded all of the merged files. Again, no problems at all.

I went into the admin control panel, and went to edit a product. What do you know? There was the "Shipping Price:" field. :rolly:

I added a shipping price to one of my products, clicked "Edit Product" to save the changes.

HOWEVER, when I edit the same product again, the "Shipping Price:" field was empty again! To add to this, I saw NO changes to my store while going through the entire checkout process.

I am not very good at database maintenance yet, so please bear with me...

From what I have read so far, I will assume that I need to make a change to the database to accept the new Shipping Price variable. If this is indeed the case, I do not know how to do this...not at all.

Can anyone please verify that I am correct in my assumption? Can anyone tell me how to make the change in simple terms so I can do it without getting lost?

ANY help is appreciated!

The author of the mod, added a ship_price_installer that will add the tables to the existing sql database. If you need it just contact me at Idahoruss.com Use fill out the form at the bottom of the page or email me at [email protected] and I'll send it to ya. Thats the reason why the added ship price does not process...........Rusty :rolly:

Guest qdpie.com

I guess I should have done this a long time ago. The field ship_price needs to be added into the store_inventory table of your cart. If you know how to add fields in your data base. Add ship_price DECIMAL 10,2 into store_inventory. If you need help creating the field, I have uploaded a modified install.php that will create the required field to make the ship_price mod work. You can download it here.

ship_price.zip

Just upload it to the same dir as you did the original install.php and go to it. It will work the same as the original. The only thing that will be altered is the addition of the new field.

Guest staff_bull

Since installing this mod on my store, when i add a product now and it displays the product, where i used to get a thumbnail and image the thumbnail no longer is being displayed. Is this a bug within the mod or have i installed it incorrectly?

Is anybody else getting this same problem?

The other mod i have installed is the Auto instock update Mod with extras.

Any help and advice would be a great help.

Thanx

staff_bull

Guest qdpie.com

That's the first time I've heard of that happening after installing this mod. Not sure what happened. If you altered your phps you might want to go over the install instructions again to see if you missed something.

Guest Cam94Z28

Could someone please post a new working link to the individual shipping mod? I'd like to use it on my site but the download link is not functioning.