[Resolved] Explain licensing system switch off?

ktlAisling

Hello

I've run my store on cubecart for 7 years or so, and for the last 4 years of so my web tech has been MIA, no upgrades have been performed and I've just plodded along accepting orders, adding stock etc.

I am going to be effected by the licensing system switch off in less than a month and without my web tech's assistance, I am struggling to understand why my website is going to stop working and how I can fix it.

Can anyone explain it to me, and help me to understand what I need to do? My priorities are probably minimal down time and loss of sleep (my youngest impacts that enough for me!)

ktladminpanel.tiff

Welcome ktlAisling! Glad to see you made it to the forum.

I hope you know how to access the folders of your store. You probably have a web hosting account, and in that account is a admin area maybe called Cpanel.

Within Cpanel is a means to view the files and folders of your site. Also, a means of transferring files up to your site.

In CubeCart's Download area, download the latest CubeCart v4 version. Extract just the index.php and admin.php files, and upload them to your site, overwriting the existing files.

These two files do not have the license check.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyway to be sure the new admin.php has "taken"? I made the change but my version number on the admin home-page did not change. I would prefer to know for certain that the change is working. Not have to wait until the deadline and have my admin stop working.

Assuming this is CC4, you can also rename the following files to <whatever>.php.old:

admin.enc.ion.php
index.enc.ion.php
admin.php5.2-enc_zend.php
admin.php5.3_enc_zend.php
index.php5.2-enc_zend.php
index.php5.3_enc_zend.php

These are the license files for CC4. The license-free versions of index.php and admin.php do not call these files. There is no harm in keeping them, but renaming them will prove that they are no longer involved.

And, it is all the other code that determines a CubeCart version. So, even though replacing these two files, that means nothing in regard to the version of CubeCart you are still running.

Proper preparation for an upgrade sequence from CC3/4 to CC6 involves deleting all files and folders except images and the globals.inc.php file.

However, that explicit instruction was not always the case, particularly from CC4 to early versions of CC5.