Credit Card Processing not going to PayPal

Crysties

I am not sure when this happened but when a customer goes to checkout it goes to CC credit card processing.  It is supposed to go to PayPal as PayPal processes my credit cards.  I have PayPal Express Checkout checked under Manage Plugins and under Manage Hooks Enabled Plugins it says PayPal Pro.  I would think this would work so I am not sure why it is not working.  How do I fix this?  Any help would be appreciated.

Roz

CC V6.0.8

PHP Version 5.2.17

Mysql 5.1.66

Server Software  Apache

I think this is how PayPal works:

There is a gateway module and there is a plugin module. The plugin module offers several ways to have the customer pay - one of which is to have the customer enter their info on a page managed by CubeCart. The gateway module sends the customer over to PayPal, then, hopefully, the customer comes back to your store.

So, maybe disable the plugin and enable the gateway.

I am going to try one or the other as you suggested but I wanted to let you know these two were in the old versions in Ver. 5.  I have not made any changes to these items.

When I unchecked the PayPal plug in under Manage Plugins and went to the Manage Hooks, PayPal no longer shows.

Edited by Crysties
Show result of the recommended action.

It was all installed at one time.  Where would I find the gateway and how do I make sure it is working correctly?

I went online via FileZilla and Modules/gateway/paypal is there.

All my API info,etc is in the Manage Plugins.

On the Paypal Plugin I was following IPN URL (optional) and it takes me to the PayPal Pro Hooks page.  This page was set up by someone else and I am wondering if something is not set up correctly. 

Edited by Crysties
clarification

Under Manage Plugins there are 2 PayPal plugins, PayPal Payment Gateway and PayPal Express Integration.  I also found out that PayPal needed to be upgraded which I did with the Token.  (Different update for each Plugin so get the correct one.)   I have always used the second one but I tried the first one and it is doing what it is suppose to do.  You only get offered to Print Form or continue on to PayPal to process credit card.  It now does that.  Somewhere along the way the processes changed.  By using a service such as PayPal one does not take on the liability for the credit card information.  PayPal charges 30 USD /month for the service and IMHO well worth it. 

Edited by Crysties
Clarification