Website Quirks

matchattaxoutlet

Hi guys,

I have just been browsing my store and am noticing some strange behaviour.

When i click on my basket from the homepage i see nothing but the url shows https://www.matchattaxoutlet.co.uk/# However if i click on register i can then see the basket. I have also, once logged in as a user not been able to access my basket or account options.

Also if i click on a product page and see a url which is ok, when i click on the basket icon in top right, it stays on the page but just adds # to the end of the url.

UPDATE: Seems to be in Chrome where this is happening, IE up to now looks OK

I am sure there may be other problems and would be grateful if anyone could have a real good look around and provide some feedback / solutions

TIA

Edited by matchattaxoutlet

In your 'MatchAttaxFoundation' skin, the main.php template:

Find:
 <script async src="{$STORE_URL}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/vendor/modernizr.min.js"></script>
 <script async src="{$STORE_URL}/skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/js/vendor/jquery.js"></script>

Remove the ASYNC attribute.

The ASYNC attribute allows the browser to continue loading/processing other javascript files while these two are still being loaded/processed. The result is that the other javascript routines (rating, validate, cookie, bxslider, foundation, cubecart, and cubecart.validate), all of which depend on jQuery being already loaded and ready, will fail.

that was added following recommendations from Google's pagespeed insights testing...maybe not such a great thing after all!

Good catch Brian !  Google PageSpeed Insights are only ever meant to be recommendations and should never simply be followed.  This is an extreme case of problems that can be caused but often there can be good reasons not to simply follow their recommendations