Secondary images not showing after upgrading

dashesndots

This has been a while for me so please be gentle.  I have upgraded a site from cubecart 3 to 6.  I have built the cubecart 6 version here www.cheaplightboxes.co.uk but it will replace the v3 site www.cheapsnapframes.co.uk.

All seems good however we had multiple images assigned to products on the old site but only the main image is showing up on version 6.  We have been using bpm to manage the inventory on version 3 site would this be the reason?

Thanks

Tracy 

i

When CubeCart is upgrading the CC3 database to the CC6 structure (schema), the setup routines manages the image information and gets it all sorted. Nothing should be lost.

Look in the CC3 database table CubeCart_img_idx. Sort by productId. Find a productId that has multiple entries.

Then look in the CC6 database table CubeCart_image_index. Sort by product_id. Find the same product_id as noted before. Count how many entries that product_id has.

The second count should reflect one main record and the rest are the same count as the first count.

Have just checked this thank you very much for the advice.

This is my cubecart 3 img_idx table for the same product which is showing multiple images:

This is the same product on the images_index table on cubecart 6

So it seems to have created a new id for the main image when it did the upgrade but the other id records have lost their image names/id's

Is there anything I can run again to get this back?  Or can I use the product import to update my inventory with the secondary images?

Thanks

Tracy

cubecart3image_idx.jpg

cubecart6image_indextable.jpg

Edited by dashesndots
adding images of tables for comparison

We have been using bpm to manage the inventory on version 3 site would this be the reason?

The bpm tool would have allowed you to do this but this is not yet available for V6. I have been speaking to Bill who wrote this and although he is not really involved with CubeCart any longer, he has almost completed a rewrite and it should be available soon although there is no fixed date

One thing I am confused on us can you update existing products on csv import or is it purely for adding new products?

The csv import tool is only for adding new products 

The three images for product 1968 in the img_idx table should have been seen and, during upgrade, those images been found in the filemanager table, and their file_ids be put in the image_index table.

I'll trace out the code to see why that did not happen.