Image Size for Scrolling and Search Bar issue

OnyxMoons

I have been reading for 2 days.. can't find the answer.. soo

I was a zen cart user, but switched because CC is a bit easier..for most things.

Search Bar too big??  where can I edit it

And just need to know what size should I make my images for the scrolling banner.. 

And finally, is there a way to have a vertical category  section without paying a fortune?

Please and thank you!

Welcome OnyxMoons! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

In the skin template box.search.php:

Find
<div class="row collapse">
  <div class="small-10 large-11 columns">

Change to:
<div class="row collapse">
  <div class="small-5 large-6 columns">&nbsp;</div>
  <div class="small-5 large-5 columns">

For each row, there must be a collection of <div> blocks where the columns add up to 12. So, on a large width browser window, we started with 11 (the button takes up the 12th column), and split that into two <div> blocks giving roughly half the number of columns to each.

For this stock Foundation skin, make your banner images 1000px by 300px.

Define 'fortune'.

You may be interested in:
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/sidenav.html
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/topbar.html

Thank you so much!!  I love straight forward answers.. You rock!

Checked out the links.. my only question on that .. what file do I add those to.. This is what I am still learning with CC... 

And to define "fortune" thinking 30 bucks is out of my range for a side bar.. I can live with the other, but it just seems like dead empty space on the template.

Anyway, thanks again!

Please look at the skin template box.navigation.php. This is included into the template main.php. Remember, if this nav-bar goes in some other <div row> block, you must adjust the number of columns each <div columns> block consumes within that row.

Whatever it is that you do to your store, it is a business expense. So, write it off against your future earnings.

Define 'dead empty space'.

Sorry I was not clear.. I fixed the search .. that was great but in the link for the side navagation document.. it shows what to add , I am just not clear on where to add it...

Define "dead empty space"  the left side of the main template.... not really dead or empty , just feels like it needs a nav box...  ;) 

Thank you so much for your help..