Problem With "Hide Prices Until Logged In" Function

Nikki72

With CCV5 I'm using Catalogue Mode and Hide Prices Until Logged in which in general does everything I need it to do except when someone without an account views the products it shows

Price £x.xx

Is there a way for me to have the price not shown at all until they have created an account / logged in or even replace "£x.xx" with "Please login or create an account to view prices" please?

The phrase 'x.xx' is found in the language editor. It can be replaced. Your local currency will still be prepended to it.

Thank you very much, I completely forgot about the language files lol. The only problem with that though is them getting overwritten after an upgrade so is there anything I can do directly in the skin templates?

Be aware that changes made to phrases in the Language Editor are databased. Databased language phrases survive upgrades.

I recall a free mod that gave good instructions on working with the "Hide Prices" aspect of Cubecart. I tried finding the mod on several mod author's web sites, but couldn't find it. I am sure the mod was listed at cubecartforums.org, but I can't find it listed there either.

I recall a free mod that gave good instructions on working with the "Hide Prices" aspect of Cubecart. I tried finding the mod on several mod author's web sites, but couldn't find it. I am sure the mod was listed at cubecartforums.org, but I can't find it listed there either.

I dont recall that mod but the problem is that if a commercial member decides to stop paying for membership of that site, then all postings and uploads are deleted !

I may have been recalling MarksCart's conversation in CC5 about changing a $0.00 price to say something specific, like FREE! or CALL!

I may have been falsely recalling where the conversation was located that allowed for the changing of the $x.xx to something else (although I know I have done that for someone somewhere) - specifically dealing with making a template change that uses the Tax class to strip off the currency symbol, testing for x.xx, then replace with a different phrase.

• 4 months later...

I paid to this comany: cc3.biz/cubecart-version-4/mods-v4/product-mods-cc4/hide-show-price-text-cc4/prod_334.html and they upload an empty or corrupted file, be aware of that also, I create a ticket with they  "No answered"

I´m still looking,

thanks