[Resolved] Confirmation email not working

Aviationguy

I will assume you have access to PHP's error_log. Then, in the file /classes/mailer.class.php, make this edit:

Was:
	public function __construct() {
		// Configure PHPMailer variables

Now:
$this->SMTPDebug = 2; $this->Debugoutput = "error_log";

When an email attempt is made, the Mailer's debug output will be in PHP's error_log.

If it's not, then perhaps for some reason, CubeCart believes there is no need to make an emailing.

Thanks, will do.  I set up email and looked at the templates only. These are my settings.

564f1f0158009_01_Nov._20_2015.thumb.jpg.

The order was paid with Paypal and the status stayed at processing.  I had to manually make it complete.  Isn't

the status supposed to go to complete when it is paid for?  Why did CubeCart not change it to complete?  Any

connection with this and the emails?

An order goes to Processing when it has been successfully paid for. Once the order has been fulfilled, that is, boxed and given to a shipper/carrier, the admin makes that annotation on the Order's Summary Delivery tab, and also moves it to Completed.

Digital orders will automatically move to Completed.

The setting "Don't check skipped order processing email" means:
unchecked: if an order is admin moved straight to Completed from Pending, be sure to also hit the Processing status.
checked: don't bother making sure that the order goes through Processing when set directly to Completed

At each status - Pending, Processing, and Completed - there is an email(s) that could be sent.

I will assume you have access to PHP's error_log. Then, in the file /classes/mailer.class.php, make this edit:

Was:

Now:
$this->SMTPDebug = 2; $this->Debugoutput = "error_log";

When an email attempt is made, the Mailer's debug output will be in PHP's error_log.

If it's not, then perhaps for some reason, CubeCart believes there is no need to make an emailing.

I added the code and went through the purchase process and bought an item.  All went ok.  Paid with

Paypal.  I went to the error log and there are no entries at all. It's like the email thing is not turned on.

Here is what I have configured:

store settings/administrators  

5651dc1abe12e_09_Nov._22_2015.thumb.jpg.

store settings/features

5651d93c607e8_02_Nov._22_2015.thumb.jpg.

store settings/advanced

5651d9f8a6940_03_Nov._22_2015.thumb.jpg.

5651da64b8a3c_04_Nov._22_2015.thumb.jpg.

5651da7645167_05_Nov._22_2015.thumb.jpg.

5651da92c550f_06_Nov._22_2015.thumb.jpg.

Thanks.  I found my problem there. I have 2 questions.

First  where is the reference to dan2012 in this error coming from?

[22-Nov-2015 08:55:11 America/Chicago] SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: [email protected]

I am sending emails from [email protected] and that is being forwarded to [email protected].

I don't use dan2012 anymore. My test emails are making it to [email protected]

Second,  The last line in my error log concerns me.  This is it:

[22-Nov-2015 08:59:46 America/Chicago] PHP Warning:  phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/bestavia/public_html/admin/sources/phpinfo.index.inc.php on line 20

What exactly is that saying and what do I have to do about it?

Have you solved the issue? If so, what was your solution?

The phpinfi() function contains a lot of configuration settings and server path directory names. It also lists other settings that could provide a clue to others on what PHP vulnerabilities may exist that may be exploitable. As such, the server admin may configure PHP such that the phpinfo() function (and several others) is disabled.

In CubeCart 6, there is no public access to the report this function generates. However, if your setup folder is still present (CubeCart will complain if it is), there is a file in that folder that is publicly accessible that will return that report. So, be sure to delete the setup folder!

Would an admin such as yourself ever need to see the phpinfo() report? Probably not unless you are chasing down a problem and tech support wants you to check on a PHP setting.

I think so.  I haven't tested it yet. In the error log I had this entry:

[22-Nov-2015 08:55:11 America/Chicago] SMTP Error: The following recipients failed: [email protected]

Where is the reference to dan2012 in this error coming from?

I am sending emails from [email protected] and that is being forwarded to [email protected].

I don't use dan2012 anymore. My test emails are making it to [email protected] OK.

Is that [email protected] somewhere in cubecart?  I have looked.

Added update:

OK, I just tried it and the emails all worked OK.  Here is the strange thing.

The new order email made it to [email protected]   It HAD my logo on it

The thank you email and the confirmation email went to [email protected]  and it DID NOT have my logo on it.

Something mixed up there.

Check to see if any of the Administrators have this email address.

You say the first address (specified in CubeCart) is being forwarded to a second email address? I would conclude that there is a forwarder still in operation that takes either the first or second address and copies that email to the third address.

There may also be an Administrator in CubeCart with that email address. I say this because I doubt CubeCart's mailer would be looking for any non-delivery report sent from a forwarded email scenario.

So, emails to the third address -- without your logo -- did the email contain all the other content exactly as it should? Maybe the forwarder is configured to strip all image attachments.

The original problem of no emails has been solved.  The problem was that when I set up the email and checked "yes " "Use SMTP authentication" I couldn't get the test to work.  Without authentication, the SMTP test worked fine so I left it that way.  I found in the error log that the emails were failing because I needed authentication.  I thought I had everything done right but where it asked for SMTP user name it actually wanted the complete email address.  I changed that from service to [email protected] and the test worked.  That got the emails working.  The logos eventually showed up because my connection was running really slow.   The emails to dan2012 is so goofy.  I registered on my own site to test it and used that email address.  They were supposed to go to me at dan2012.

The error log tip is what did it for me.  Thanks for hanging in there with me..