[Resolved] Condition Code Name Changes

philippagreen

I'm using Cubecart 6 and Foundation Skin:  In the product Specification I want it to show if a product is New or Pre-Owned.  I've altered the products.index.php file (admin/skins/default/templates/products.index.php) and then I altered the definitions.xml file (language/definitions.xml).  However on the backend for the product it displays a drop down selection box for Used & Pre-Owned, when I select Pre-Owned for the product and look at it on the front end (after refreshing) the area beside the Condition in the Specification box is blank.

Please restore the edits you made.

Using the Language Phrase Editor, change the phrase for the language group "Catalogue", the key 'condition_used'. I assume you mean to change the phrase from "Used" to be "Pre-owned".

When CC6 added the ability to database an item's condition, additional similar phrases were introduced that appear in the language group "Common", such as the key 'used'.

I suggest making the change to both phrases.

Yes I did, I changed Used to Pre-owned.

So I've put both the products.index.php and the definitions.xml files back to how they were originally?  

If stead of changing the Used to Pre-Owned maybe I should just add a new Condition of Pre-Owned, would that be better?

Where is the language phrase editor please?

Edited by philippagreen

In admin, Languages, click the edit icon of the language you want to change. When the drop-down selector appears, choose Catalogue (or Common).

The appropriate list of key/phrases will appear.

Adding a new phrase would be much more involved, but do-able.