USPS Add Insurance

LaughingHorse

Hi!

Back again.

We discussed at one time, having the ability to add the insurance rates from USPS. It is still not there. Currently we are losing from 2.75-$10 per shipment due to not being able to charge for Insurance.

For example, one item sells for 342.10 Cube Cart gives a rate of $9.60 which does not include insurance ($5.80). I did add $2.90 in the field "Handling Cost" to cover the signature.

Is there some code I can add to the USPS module that will grab and add the insurance charges from the USPS website to the shipping US and International?

Or, worst case scenario, is there a way to just add an additional percentage (for now) to the USPS rates, like 3% of the item total.

I think since USPS is giving the info from their site, and CubeCart is receiving that info it is logical to be able to include that in what we are charging for the shipping.

I also tried a work around of creating a tax class "Insurance and signature", but unfortunately, it can only apply to one country, not everything.

My ideal scenario or set up would be something like the attached screen shots (long term), but is there anything I can do in the short term?

Thanks!

International-insurance-Screenshot from 2015-11-30 06:54:26.png

USPS-Domestic Screenshot from 2015-11-30 06:53:23.png

• 8 months later...

Has anything been done with this? It's pretty much a deal killer for me switching to CubeCart, because of the cost of insurance. I need it for UPS and USPS, at a minimum.

I know osCommerce has a working mod for it, if someone wants to see how it's done.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...