[Resolved] Blank Page when Products Clicked

ItsME

Good Afternoon,

When I click a product, I get a blank page instead of the product's info.  The site has been updated to the latest version and the problem just started within the last day or so.  It worked fine on Sunday.  Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Edited by ItsME

Are you using the stock Foundation skin? There were some skin changes in the 6.0.8 upgrade.

Hello,

No, I'm using the Karuto skin.  I tried the Foundation skin before I posted to see if the problem occurred with that skin and it did, but I'll try a different skin.

Thanks!

I tried a different skin and the problem persists.  

Ok, this
/gshop/tdb/7-20.html
is a seo-friendly URL. The web server's URL Rewrite functionality will take everything after /gshop/ and before .html and assign the rest to a querystring key named 'seo_path'. That is:
/gshop/index.php?seo_path=tdb/7-20
This is the new URL that the web server is to use.

However, when I asked for that product's page, your web server replied with a 404 Error message.

That means the functionality of rewriting the URL is not present. The web server is being told to look for a document named 7-20.html in the tbd folder in the gshop folder. And none of those things probably do not exist.

If it was working a short time ago, now it's not, please look for the presence of a properly coded .htaccess file with rewrite directives in CubeCart's main folder. If that file is there, then have your server admin look to discover why the web server isn't using the rewrite directives.

I found the problem.  The .htaccess file contained the rewrite directives, but RewriteBase was not specified.  Once I added the proper RewriteBase definition, everything works again.  The previous .htaccess file did not have a definition for RewriteBase, either, so I'm not sure what changed within the last few days to require it.

Thanks for your assistance, Dirty Butter and bsmither.  I appreciate it!