Paste function?

ddub

Hello, newbie to cubecart.

I am having trouble pasting into any editor box.  I can paste a module code into the appropriate code box, but in documents or products I cannot paste into the description or content boxes. 

Any ideas?

Used both firefox and explorer.  Windows 7 pro, latest version of cubecart.  Is there a text editor that I need to turn on?

Thank you.

Welcome ddub! Glad to see you made it to the forums.

CubeCart uses the standard textarea box (rather plain looking) for some things, and for others there is a CKEditor javascript app that turns a textarea into a "rich-text" (WYSIWYG) editor - RTE - with fancy toolbar sets of buttons.

Now, if the editor that shows is a plain textarea box (similar to Coupons, Add Coupon, Description box), then javascript has crashed and has possibly left the plain textarea box in a half-morphed state. Thus attempting to paste (using any method) may not show anything.

Assuming you see the RTE to compose product descriptions, there was a problem some time ago about allowing javascript access to the operating system's clipboard. Specifically, the mouse's right-click-paste-from context-menu. Apparently, keyboard shortcuts still work (CTRL-V but not SHFT-INS). It seems this disallowance was instituted in all browsers as a security measure.

You might try using the RTE toolbar Paste button.