Customer enter textbox product options not showing on an order

devong67

We have been running on the latest cubecart for a few weeks now and have noticed 2 orders that did not save the customer entered textbox options for the items for the order. We do know that the customer did enter options for this because if we check the email we received as admins for the order notification, the options are shown and the data the customer entered is shown, however when we look at the order in the backend, it shows nothing being entered for those textbox options for that order. I even checked the database with MyPHPAdmin and the options that the customer entered are not saved in there. This is not happening for all orders only 2 of them are showing this issue out of 60 so in the past few weeks.

Any thoughts as to why this is happening? Anybody else seeing this?

Let me know if you need more info on this.

Thanks,

Devon

I can look at this, but in the meantime, please let us know:

In the email where this is evident, did the customer-provided product textual option entries have any angles in them? That is, was the entry, for example, <proud parent> having angle brackets?

bsmither,

Thanks for looking in to this.

Here is the info from the email:

Melrose HS Hockey Hooded Sweatshirt
Color: Light Steel Size: Adult Large (42-44) Name OR Number ONLY : John Doe (+$5.00)

Here is the info from the mysql database product options field:

a:4:{i:2693;s:18:"Color: Light Steel";i:733;s:25:"Size: Adult Large (42-44)";i:737;s:31:"Name OR Number ONLY :  (+$5.00)";i:738;s:26:"Name and Number:  (+$8.00)";}

Notice we have two valid customer entered data textbox options, Name OR Number ONLY   and  Name and Number and in the database it shows both, but in the email the customer only entered stuff for Name OR Number Only field.

Other orders in the database are correct and show these options filled in.

Once again thanks for looking in to this and we appreciate all help you can give. If you need more information, please let me know.

Devon

bsmiter,

One more thing. I guess the only thing that may be different from my issue than the issue you referred me to in the github, would be that it looks like for my problem, these orders are not marked 'Complete' and still are in the 'Pending' or 'Processing' status.

Devon

• 2 weeks later...

Any further thoughts on this? It seems like this problem is getting worse for us. Not sure where to look. We are getting around this because in the email sent to admins, the information is there, but it is not showing when we print an order from the backend so at least we have a way to get the information without having to contact the customer.

Devon

I just ran a test on my installation (admittedly, has just a few bug fixes implemented, but should not have affected this test) and I could not duplicate your experience. Text from a text-based option did get incorporated in to the database and did appear everywhere it was suppose to.

Looking at your 'product_options' and 'options_array', I am concerned that the text did not get incorporated into the serialized string. But then you say the text appears in the email. I will focus on that.

Above, I asked, "In the email where this is evident, did the customer-provided product textual option entries have any angles in them? That is, was the entry, for example, <proud parent> having angle brackets?"

I think you didn't reply with what the text entry actually was.