PayPal Express Errors

Aiden

I'm getting errors when I try to complete a purchase on my website in progress.

When I try it in Sandbox mode I get "Security header is not valid"

When I try it Live  with payment action on authorization opposed to sale I get "This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration"

I've added API credentials correctly.

When I try it in Sandbox mode I get "Security header is not valid"

When I try it Live  with payment action on authorization opposed to sale I get "This transaction cannot be processed due to an invalid merchant configuration"

I dont have an answer for the Sandbox issue as dont ever use PayPal but have heard that the Sandbox can be troublesome.

Why are you choosing Authorization, rather than Sale ? Authorization mode is used for transactions such as hotels, car hire etc and would rarely (if ever) used within online stores

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

One thing to note with the API credentials is that the character encoding can mess them up - even though they look like they are correct, if you copied and pasted them from your browser or any type of rich text editor, there is the chance that they are not exactly the same and PayPal will reject them with the 'Security header not valid' error.

Also note that the live and sandbox credentials are not the same.

I just had the encoding issue when moving a site live today. So if you're still having the issue, try pasting your credentials into regular old Notepad and then re-copying them from there before pasting them into the Admin panel plugin settings.

• 2 months later...

I have to disagree with Ian on this, Authorization & Capture is for merchants who may have a delay in their order fulfillment process.

Auth & Cap also means no contract is formed until the seller takes the charge when they are ready to ship.

Many online businesses selling goods use this method and I want to use it too.

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work properly on PayPal Express for CubeCart in Test mode (yet but that nice Mr Brookbank is on the case).

I have no idea if it works in live mode.

Clive