[Resolved] Can't view or create products

bondimedical

The thing you describe is called a "throbber". It is necessary that whatever javascript is running completes successfully, and thus under javascript control the throbber gets hidden, When the throbber does not go away, then javascript has crashed (or perhaps you have a browser plugin to keep tight control over javascript scripts).

Please discover the method your browser uses to display its internal diagnostic console where the javascript engine will have reported what was wrong with the script that caused javascript to crash.

Again, knowing nothing about Chrome, is there a 'net waterfall? That is, when all the page's code and resources (images, CSS, javascript files) have come in, there is a "timeline" of sorts that shows each item and how long it took to get them.

For each GET request and response, there will be the web server headers in the response that should show what the web server said the byte-count of the content was going be, and the waterfall shows the byte-count actually received.

So, if a javascript file is requested, and something malformed is received, then, of course, the javascript won't be there to turn off the throbber.

For some reason, your web server (or maybe PHP) is truncating the total bytes sent in the response to about 72KiB. This page, being highly compressible, deflates to about 1MiB of content.

But, still, the page is getting truncated. The HTML that has the link statements to javascript files at the bottom of the page is just not there. No links to javascript, no javascript files fetched. No javascript to execute, and no replacement of the throbber.

This issue has been fixed now thanks to Brian Smither. As he pointed out there was some kind of issue with the server so I contacted my hosting company. They made some changes to ModSec and I could then edit and create products.

I am however still unable to enable caching?

Edited by bondimedical

It was not present in my other 6.0.8 store and now the website is loading much faster.

A CubeCart upgrade inserts a line into the global.inc.php file forcing files based caching which causes problems with being able to enable / disable caching at all but also causes problems for sites if his had been blank before using another caching method, based on the defined priority order, such as Memcache or Memcached.

I believe both of these issues are bugs and confusing as well

Ian