[Resolved] Store Email Signature

philippagreen

There are two sets of templates: (1) the main content (status on orders, etc), and (2) the 'skeleton' (Salutation, Logo, Respects, etc).

(1) admin, Email Templates, Email Contents tab, click the flag of the language you are using

(2) admin, Email Templates, Email Templates tab, Default Emails (can create a new 'skeleton')

Additionally: (1) admin, Newsletters, and (2) admin, Email Templates, Email Templates tab, Default Newsletter

I had trouble with this until I found your comments above.  I have created new Email Templates so that they show the company logo and the ending with store information.  I have checked to not use the default emails and then checked each of the newly created email templates.  Only one item remains checked when I save the Dashboard / Documents / Email Contents & Templates / Email Templates.   I have moved the check to another check box and add a few more but the only one that saves is whichever is the top one.  How do I get all of the newly created email templates to activate?

Excellent question. CubeCart 6 (so far) only allows one email 'skeleton' to be enabled. That is, in admin, Email Templates, Email Templates tab, only one item may be checked.

This one item will be used as the skeleton for all emails that are not Newsletters.

On the other hand, in admin, Newsletters, Add/Edit Newsletter gives you the choice to assign any of the available skeletons on a per-Newsletter basis.

Thank you for your reply.  So even though there are 12 emails in "Email Contents and Templates" all of which I want to add logo and address to I can only create one.  Way back when I was able to add a signature with address to some of the 12 emails.  I have moved and need to change those addresses to the new company address.  I have been unable to edit those 12 emails as every time I save it reverts to the original email.  Is there a way to add/correct that information in the standard emails? 

Is it possible to change them in "notepad" or a file editor by copying the email to notepad, make the changes and copy it back.  I think I might have to do it off line and then replace the emails using FileZilla by deleting the old files and installing the new modified files.  Do you think this would work? 

I suppose if there were an update to emails I would then have edit/copy these emails again.  I wish the emails would pick up the data from the store address although there is no city in the store address.  I had to include city with the street address.

If this is what I need to do where do I find the email files?

Edited by Crysties
Clarification

"there are 12 emails in "Email Contents and Templates" all of which I want to add logo and address to"

On this Email Contents tab, the twelve types of administrative emails will use the one enabled skeleton template listed on the Email Templates tab. A freshly installed CubeCart will have Default Emails as checked. Click on the name or Edit icon of Default Emails and let's take a look at it.

On the HTML Content tab, we see five available "macros" (the correct term is 'template variables'). Unfortunately, these are the only variables we have at the moment.

We can either manually add the store's address -- which you are trying to get away from as this would mean editing at least two and perhaps up to a half-dozen 'skeletons' on the Email Templates tab -- or making a code change to make the store address available to the template -- which will not survive an upgrade to the next version of CubeCart.

"I have been unable to edit those 12 emails as every time I save it reverts to the original email."

That is a concern we should pursue to discover why edits are not being databased. The fixed verbiage in all the email templates are stored in the database.

"I wish the emails would pick up the data from the store address although there is no city in the store address."

In the Store Settings, please add the name of the city just under the street address. There is no separate configuration field for City.

Thank you.  I did add the 12 emails to the Email Skeletons and added the signature change but as you told me previously and I verified you can only check one skeleton at a time which defeats having 12 email skeletons.  When I did this I unchecked the Default Emails.  Also using the skeletons means that the Translations are not available.

I went into Default Emails and changed both the HTML and Plain Text Templates by adding the address and phone number under the signature and before the link.  When or how does this show on the 12 emails or will it show at all?  Since some of the 12 Email Contents have the old address, will it now show both addresses?

Will they ever add a field for the city?

Thank you,

Roz

Edited by Crysties

I'm calling "the 12 emails" to be  administrative purpose Email Contents as listed on the Email Contents tab. I have no qualms about using a single skeleton for all administrative purpose emails. The appropriate administrative purpose email content is placed in the skeleton replacing {$EMAIL_CONTENTS}.

So, if you have contact info in the administrative purpose email contents and also in the skeleton they get placed in, then, yes, the contact info will appear twice in the final composed email.

"Using the skeletons means that the Translations are not available."

True. And I have come across a need for there to be a separate skeleton template for a language other than the provided UK English. I finally decided to not have any words in the skeleton used by the administrative purpose email contents -- just Store Name, Address, Phone, Web Address.

"You can only check one skeleton at a time which defeats having 12 email skeletons."

You are not supposed to have twelve skeletons for administrative purpose emails.

You can compose any number of Newsletter skeletons. The intentions behind sending newsletters is not the same as sending administrative notifications.

"Will they ever add a field for the city?"

You can certainly make your case for a separate field for City. I would think the programmers would not incorporate a field otherwise.

• 1 month later...