[Resolved] How Do i Bulk Delete Customers?

bubbaboss

No, you are not missing something.

I assume you are wanting to bulk delete customers because of some automated pesky ne'er-do-well registering 'fake' names. I do accept that this is a daily chore (running a business is supposed to be a daily chore) -- deleting these 'fake' customers. The store I manage has two or three a week.

When customers are administratively deleted, everything associated with them is also deleted: their addressbook, their past orders, and their digital downloads. But this is not a reason for the programmers to have not included a "With selected... Delete" feature.

Because 'fake' customers never go any further, there is nothing else about the database to manage.

In that respect, if you are wanting to delete hundreds of 'fake' customers, you may want to cheat and do that directly in the database using phpMyAdmin or some other external database management utility.

However, another CubeCart user wanted to do this. Some code edits were developed and that user seems to be happy with it. Send me a PM with your email if you want to test it in your store.

• 1 month later...

im coming in late on this...but I do this every 6 months. First time I did it there were like 8,000 of those 'fake' customers.  Here is the SQL command I used in phpmyadmin on my granny version 3.0 store:

DELETE FROM `CubeCart_customer` WHERE noOrders  =  0 AND regTime < 1454012330;

Since you are running 6.0 then you would probably run it like this:

DELETE FROM `CubeCart_customer` WHERE order_count  =  0 AND registered < 1460000000;

or even better:

DELETE FROM `CubeCart_customer` WHERE order_count  =  0;

It will clean house in a second!

i like to put a timestamp on it so that if someone has been shopping in the past two weeks and havent donea  checkout yet and are still thinking...then they wont be lost and end up having to reregister.

• Like 1