Want to delete a Language.

NeilArmstrong

Hello Good People.... I've used CC for many years now though not from its birth sadly.

I have an issue. I wanted to install the Chinese Language.
The system allowed me to list Chinese as a language, and even had a slot for the conversion currency for HKD (Hong Kong Dollars) but thats way off and doesnt seem to compute at all so in HKD everything is about 97% discounted. :).

Tired of going round in circles.....
I want to delete the CHINESE Language I set up.
It has no flag.
Looks bad.
Tries to load in the extension .gif with no prefix for the image filename, I cannot edit or delete this language and am scratching my head as to how on earth to get the languages back as they were.

lang1.jpg image shows the missing graphic holder.
lang2.jpg shows the impossibility to delete the Chinese error in the language set and will NOT allow status changes..

Help would be superb. Token  payment for a technician to go in and sort it is also available.
But I cant afford CC's current fees sadly. They wont fit the budget.

Thanks for reading.
Neil.

lang1.jpg

lang2.jpg

Edited by NeilArmstrong

We are curious as to why there are no icons in the Action column. There should be three icons per row: Download/Export, Edit, and Delete.

You can disable the Chinese language, as well as disable the HKG. (The language and currency features of CC are not connected to each other.

We are curious as to why there are no icons in the Action column. There should be three icons per row: Download/Export, Edit, and Delete....//...

Yes, I know.... I spent most of last night looking through the files.

In the end I did a reinstall complete and imported all the relevant data but I would rather not have had to do that. This foxed me. I managed to take out the entire language section. But that's too extreme.

I don't understand why I could not even disable the language. It just would not accept the command.  Ive customised PHPBB3's and 2's and etc for years but I cannot cannot find the reason anywhere as to why the delete language sys would not work or the ability to edit it and add its missing guts even internally. SQL isn't a field I like working in so I suspect it was all in the DB but I'm not going there. My life will be sucked away before I know it. :D

Anyway, it was quicker to do a reinstall and import all the bits.
Thanks for looking in anyway. It didn't make sense to me either. I host wioth Heartinternet.com and haven't had any real reason to doubt their integrity serversidewise.... Except that last Christmas my main business site was infected by a virus called "Christmas" whose origin was Turkey!!!!!!!!! ;)

• 1 year later...