Upgraded to 6+ but now FaceBook reccommendations are squiffed up.

NeilArmstrong

Facebook is terrible about picking up the wrong image intermittently - no apparent rhyme of reason to when it works and when it doesn't. That being said, if it worked consistently for you before there should be some way to get that to work again.

But for now, it seems the thread here is about the wrong item being shared, and that should never happen. Again  - what did you upgrade from? Are you on 6.0.8? Full version number tells those with the knowledge to be helpful (NOT me) more than just 6+ does. Knowing the skin is important, too.

Thanks DB..... Its the very latest version of Cubecart.

Well, if the issue is intermittent Ill go with that. I would not know if it was there before because I didn't use it. I've been in Hong Kong.

But if its globally accepted that FB is a rat up the "R"s  regarding accuracy of transmission publication, I'm happy with that. I'll see if I can disable the RECCOMMEND button. Using the little blue "f" seems to work every time. So if this baffles you it certainly baffles me and Ive been in this field since 1993.

if anyone else suffers this oddity or has any theory on how I can fix intermittency..... Im all ears.

• 3 weeks later...

I wanted to chime in and see if you've resolved this issue? I just recently started dabbling with Facebook posts and mine doesn't even show the product I am trying to share. It shows the store logo and store name/information, not the product. So, I am thinking that this is not necessarily a Facebook issue and rather a CC issue. I have had no problems posting YouTube pages, wordpress pages, etc. ever on Facebook. Even CSS/HTML pages work, but for whatever reason CC is my main culprit.