export mailing list not working

irori

Hi everyone, thanks for your attention :)

I am attempting to export my rather long mailing list but no matter what I do I only get the email addresses in the .csv file. For some reason no first names or last names are coming through at all.

I need the following format,

[email protected];first name 1;last name 1

I have tried using the following which was suggested in another thread..

"{$FIRST_NAME}, {$LAST_NAME}" <{$EMAIL_ADDRESS}>

but still only get the email address.

The easiest way to do this is via phpMyAdmin which can be accessed via your hosting control panel (cPanel for example)

Ian

Hi Ian,

I just had a look, that is way out of my league to be honest....

Is there a reason why it is not possible through admin? the facility is there, but how to make it work??

"...still only get the email address."

But with none of the formatting? The quotes and angles are not shown? If not, we can explore why that is happening that way.

If the punctuation is present ("missing missing" <email_address>), then the only thing to solve is the missing data.

A query is first made to get all enabled Newsletter Subscribers. (A newsletter subscriber is given a customer_id and minimal info is inserted into the customer table.) The customer_id is used to find the matching customer record (which has the names).

If there is no matching customer record, such as (perhaps) from an earlier version of CubeCart, an email address is all that you will have.

Please have a look at the database table CubeCart_newsletter_subscriber. If the customer_id column has only null or a zero, there will be no names.

There will only be names if a logged in customer signed up for the newsletter.

But with none of the formatting? The quotes and angles are not shown? If not, we can explore why that is happening that way.

If the punctuation is present ("missing missing" <email_address>), then the only thing to solve is the missing data.

Yes the punctuation is present, I will check the database table, where can I locate this?

I meant to say: There will only be names available to be included in the exported list only when a logged in customer signed up for the newsletter.

In your hosting account's control panel, please find and use phpMyAdmin. In the list of databases in the left column, click on your CubeCart database.

You now see a list of tables. Click on the CubeCart_newsletter_subscriber table link.

• 8 months later...

I found that using the Dashboard, Reports, Sales report, select date range and then export as a CVS file gave me all the data I required to access a list of my customers, whether it be phone numbers or email addresses or number of times they had purchased over a given period. The data was then manipulated in Excel.  Hope that helps.