Option Images

JackP

Just to clarify that this is a true plugin rather than a mod so no core file edits and if you want to see it in action then please visit https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk where this and many other of our plugins are installed in our own skins (Retail Therapy and Nautical have all installed but our newest skin Party Time doesn't yet have them all installed)

Thanks

ian

• 4 weeks later...

Actually this works to a certain degree. Under product select all of the images you want. Obviously they all appear under the product and when on hover appear in the image box and remain there. Problem is we need a code snippet or hook that keeps the image selected when added to the cart. When added to the cart it reverts back to the main image selected. Got to be a way to write a snippet of code (or alter current code) to keep the selected image to be placed in the cart/basket. It would also have to be a new selected item or it would just replace any already in the cart.

Anyone?

Actually this works to a certain degree. Under product select all of the images you want. Obviously they all appear under the product and when on hover appear in the image box and remain there.

This is standard CubeCart functionality but has nothing at all to do with what the opening poster was requesting which is the ability to associate a specific image with an option and then on the product page, selecting that option via the drop down or radio buttons, would automatically change the image displayed.  Our plugin does this which is most commonly used for colour options such as when selling clothes etc but it can be used for any option.

When a product is added to the cart, the main image is always displayed rather than the last displayed one from the product page but it would certainly be possible to amend our plugin to be able to do this whether the image was as a result of simply selecting a different image by hovering over or via our functionality of selecting one via the selected option.  If you are interested in this, then please drop me a PM or contact us via our website

Ian

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at my site http://www.the-killians.com/creations  you can see that I have to create a separate product using each image. I just wanted to create a category of say Bath Bombs which has 30 different small images, 30 different medium images and 30 different large images. I wanted to make is so they are selecting a bath bomb and then choosing the shape they wanted in a drop down then selecting the scent etc from drop downs. After selecting that particular image which is displaying in the main screen then adding that particular image to the cart.