Successful year for CubeCart and plans for 2016

Al Brookbanks

I thought it would be appropriate to write a short piece to reflect on the successes of this year and to let you know our plans for CubeCart in 2016.

Statistics for 2015

• CubeCart has been downloaded 72,000 times (excludes web hosting auto installers).
  • Well over 6,000 new CubeCart version 6 stores have been recognised.
  • There have been 209 new extensions with over 48,000 downloads.

Moving to an open source model was not without risks and to switch from a business model that was already working to something calculated to be better was a big deal. CubeCart's future is dependant on the success of the company backing it and from the support of our highly valued developer community. We are pleased to say that after just six months the company started trading at a profit again. This is about 200% faster than we forecast. CubeCart is now in a period of sustained growth and we are looking forward to sharing the fruits of this with you.

What's new for 2016?

We intend to continue developing CubeCart under the free open source GPL 3.0 software license. In particular 6.0.9 will be made available in early January before our development roadmap for 6.1 is finalised. We'll also be hiring extra support technicians to join our small friendly team and plan to extend our businesses operational hours. 

I'd like to personally thank all of our merchants and developers for helping to make 2015 such a fantastic year. I wish you all a very happy holiday and for all the best for 2016. 

Alistair Brookbanks
CEO/Founder CubeCart Limited