Remove Best Sellers & Featured Product

LaughingHorse

I would like to remove the Featured Product and the Best Sellers from showing up on the cart.

While doing that, I would like to preserve the spaces so in the future i have the ability put messages or whatever in those boxes/spaces.

I'm guessing i would need to create two boxes that would be blank (for now) and replace the boxes in the template.

Is this correct?

If so, where do I find them, and what do I need to change code wise?

I'm using CC6 and Foundation skin

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Edited by LaughingHorse
Added cart versdion and skin

The space will still exist. (Sale Items show up in this right sidebar as well.) That area, <div id="sidebar_left">, will consume three of the twelve columns in the large view regardless if there is any content in it.

In main.php:

Find:

<div class="large-3 columns show-for-large-up" id="sidebar_left">
  {include file='templates/box.featured.php'}
  {include file='templates/box.popular.php'}
  {include file='templates/box.sale_items.php'}
</div>

Change to:

<!--
  {include file='templates/box.featured.php'}
-->
</div>

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I'm using 6.1.7 version, will that code work for this? Asking cuz few weeks ago I tried an "old" code for something else and it nuked the descriptions. If this won't work, what would to get rid of the Best Sellers feature? Or Rename it to something like "Quick Links"

Edited by vickif

You can certainly rename it in Languages>click on your flag, if that works for you.

Yes, that section has not changed in 6.1.7, so you should be able to comment out any section you do not want. Again, if you comment all of them out, the sidebar space will still be there, unless you make grid changes as well.

I just spent time looking for that under Languages, went thru all of the options but couldn't find it anywhere!

Wait, never mind, found it!! Under phrases displayed with product inventory page. Changed and thank you!

Edited by vickif

It's in Catalogue>title_popular.

Whenever I can't find which dropdown to use I goto the definitions.xml in the language folder and search for the term. Then I scroll up to see which section it's in. It's best NOT to make the change in the file, as your changes in admin Language are databased and not lost on upgrade.

• 1 month later...

Find this section in main.php and comment out (as shown) only what you want to remove it from all pages.

{*   {include file='templates/box.featured.php'} *}
               </div>

If you want to keep the featured on some pages and not on others, I'm not sure how to do that.