[Resolved] Add Additional Order Status'

LaughingHorse

I'm using CC 6.0.8 and Foundation skin

I would like to add additional order status' to the selections currently available.

I went to Languages | Edit Phrases | Order State - Order Statuses

And found there are only 6 buckets for phrases available (description_x, name_x)

How do I add more?

Thank you in advance for your help and advice.

This can be very simple or somewhat complex.

That depends what you want to do with the new statuses: be indicative only, or actually perform some action when an order is moved into these new statuses.

In either case, the first step is to add some more constants and add more language phrases.

In the language file, add more phrases. There are pertinent phrases in the 'order_state' group and 'confirm' group.

In /classes/order.class.php (two places) and cubecart.class.php, add some more constants.

Then, in cubecart.class.php, near line 1290, add more case statements.

Then, in order.class.php, near line 390, add more case statements.

Then, in /admin/sources/orders.index.inc.php, near line 431 and 629, change the for() loop limit.

Yes. Currently, CubeCart sends an email (some to the customer, some to the admin) for five of the existing six order statuses. (Not "Declined".)

Should you code more statuses and the associated case statements starting at line 390 in order.class.php, the additional case statements will contain the routine needed to send an appropriate email.

I think there is a mod that sends an email for orders that are still Pending.

Only if the customer signs in, will CubeCart know enough to send an email in any case. I am not aware of any mod that will send an email to a logged in customer that put something in their shopping basket, then let it go stale.

• 5 years later...

I need exactly the same thing, another status.

@bsmitherThis thread is really old though and I am wondering if it is still valid for 6.4.x?
Or is there an easier version right now?

I do find the constants in order.class.php and cubecart.class.php, but not the case statements as described.

Thanks!

EDIT: I think I figured it out. The line numbers were way different, but I have found and changed all instances. Seems to work, thank you!

Edited by MostlyConfused

or you could use Noodlemans Custom Order Status Mod : https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/custom-order-status-colours-emails

Works great, really easy to use, has custom colour coding and you can also create email templates for any new order statuses if you want them.

I've set mine up to add: part shipped orders, international processing, international completed plus a few others.

The case statements in cubecart.class.php are in the private function _complete() - about 90 lines into that function (CC644 is line 1419).

The case statements in order.class.php are in the public function orderStatus() - about 30 lines into that function (CC644 is line 461).

On 10/14/2021 at 11:59 AM, Debyink said:

or you could use Noodlemans Custom Order Status Mod : https://www.cubecart.com/extensions/plugins/custom-order-status-colours-emails

Works great, really easy to use, has custom colour coding and you can also create email templates for any new order statuses if you want them.

I've set mine up to add: part shipped orders, international processing, international completed plus a few others.

Yeah thanks, I had found that and it would have been convenient.
Unfortunately my hoster does not have ION cube, so that's a no-go.

On 10/14/2021 at 10:22 PM, bsmither said:

The case statements in cubecart.class.php are in the private function _complete() - about 90 lines into that function (CC644 is line 1419).

The case statements in order.class.php are in the public function orderStatus() - about 30 lines into that function (CC644 is line 461).

Thank you!