Manual upgrade from v6.0.4 to v6.0.8

Leo Clark

I'm wondering (I DO NOT KNOW!!!) if you changed the name of a stock database table/column - perhaps you would end up after upgrade with your renamed one PLUS the originally named one. IF SO, you would need to be sure your manually merged code was again using your renamed one, and the originally named one could then be deleted???

Currently, there is no "schema compliance" check -- not during upgrades, nor in normal operation. There is a "history" check, that if a version is recorded in the history table, it is assumed the database schema is still at that relevant level.

Tables and columns added are (mostly) ignored by stock CubeCart code. (Catalogue import/export is an exception.)

Columns named in the query that are not found -- that is, columns that have been deleted or renamed -- are removed from the query. Which may cause some really weird results. I believe the intent is to circumvent certain database errors from being revealed.

Thanks @Dirty Butter and @bsmither,

It is just the "Title" (eg "Mr.") field that I renamed to CPF (Brazilian social security number).

I think I did a decent job of documenting my changes, so I guess I will just get used to update the store and re-apply my changes to the code.

I will let you know of the results ;)

Cheers!

I've been commenting every change from stock code I've made, starting with v5.0, so using BeyondCompare works pretty well for me. Sometimes there are upgrade changes that deal with the specific code I had previously edited, which then requires individual decisions on what to keep/what to change. But that doesn't happen very often.

Good luck!!!