Order confirmation only when order is complete.

daanblokpoel

Hello, I'm new to CubeCart and I have a problem.

When a customer place an order, they don't get a order confirmation send to their email address. Only when I change the order status to "complete". How to I configure it so they get a confirmation immediately when the order is placed?

I searched on Google but I can't find there a solution either...

Thanks all.

- Daan

Welcome daanblokpoel!

When a customer makes an order, CubeCart goes through three phases: Pending, Processing, and Complete.

The customer gets an email for Processing (the order has been paid) and contains a summary of the order. The customer also gets an email for Complete (the order has been shipped) and contains a brief announcement of that fact. The customer will instead get an email with a link to download a digital product instead of a Complete message.

The customer does not get an email for Pending (order accepted but not yet paid).

It is important for an order to go through all three steps. So, if an order is at Pending, and you administratively move it to Complete, skipping Processing, the customer will not get the email having the summary of the order. However, there is a Store Setting that forces CubeCart to move an order through Processing, even if the admin didn't.

"Is there a way so that CC automatically change a placed order that's in "open" (Pending) status to "processing" status?

That responsibility lies with the payment gateway. If payment is successful, the gateway informs other parts of CubeCart to move the order to Processing.

That said, we would like to understand the business process of your store that would have an order go to Processing regardless of whether it has been paid.

We may also try a small code edit that will send the Order Summary email on Pending, and again (or not) on Processing.