Moved to a different newer server, Can't Login at all!

PsychoTherapist

I'm testing out a new Ubuntu Linux server, running Apache 2.4.7, PHP 5.5.9 & MySQL 5.5.46.  Formerly running on Apache 2.2.9, PHP 5.2.9 & MySQL 5.0.77

I transferred all the CubeCart files across (latest Version 5, no modifications) and imported the database from a backup.  The shop appears to be functioning perfectly - except I am unable to login via the Admin panel and customer user accounts won't login either.  I just get -

The following errors were detected:

• Invalid Username and/or Password

If I use Password Recovery and enter the same password as before for the new password, I am able to login and I notice that the password stored in the database is completely different.  

I'm guessing this is more a sever setup issue, perhaps something to do with the new PHP password crypt stuff maybe?  Anybody have any idea how I can get CubeCart working, as if this was to go live it would require ALL my customers having to reset their passwords, which isn't ideal.

Edited by PsychoTherapist
typo

When creating a new password, CC5 will generate a new random 'salt' and use that in hashing the new password. The hashing function uses a 'whirlpool' algorithm, and I find no mention of any relevant backward incompatibilities between PHP 5.2->PHP5.3->PHP5.4->PHP5.5.

It's strange, I'm still having no luck with it.

I altered the global.inc.php to point the test shop to the live database, where passwords are working on the proper site.  It connects to the live database fine, yet on the test server I still can't login!  So that rules out a database issue.

I've also gone through the PHP configuration on the test server line by line, comparing it to the live server and it's practically identical.  I've got other PHP/MySQL driven stuff on the test server which all works fine, it's just CubeCart that doesn't seem to want to co-operate.

Going to check the Apache configuration next.  But wonder if anybody has any other ideas?  I've never encountered a problem like this before.

I would pepper the code with diagnostic data to see where the point of confusion comes into play. I have heard of problems similar to this.

Since this is a test shop, are you free to play around with it?

Send me a PM with your email address and we can try to sort this by email.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how you moved. follow https://support.cubecart.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/216/42/how-do-i-move-my-cubecart-store-from-one-hosting-account-to-another

make all file zip>download and use import website and upload zip file. and export database > save and create database and use import select saved database. all done and password admin user are same. I done and all is working.