[Resolved] Cubecart System Requirements

bondimedical

I have not seen CubeCart state requirements such as: "Requires PHP 5.2.3 or better, but not beyond PHP 5.5.29".

Nor have I seen anything published that says:
"CC5217 has been tested against the following:"
with a list of known to be good and bad versions of PHP, a database, a web server, and operating systems

Setup just checks for the presence of four things with PHP being greater than 5.2.3. These checks have been consistent since CC500.

CubeCart.com has positively said Windows is not supported (but is possible with a couple tweaks, which would be not be an issue if the programmers would simply adhere to their in-house programming style guide).

There have been versions of PHP that cause issues. The ones I am familiar with: the version that removed /e as a preg_replace() modifier, and another version that removed anonymous functions as a parameter of certain other functions.

Eventually, PHP will drop "mysql" as a means to connect to the database, leaving "mysqli" as the only choice left - and that is a non-issue, really.

Some web-servers do not have URL rewriting capability. Other that do, will do so but have their own way of going about it.

I got 95% of a Microsoft SQL Server (MSS) class written for CC5's database class, but at the time, MSS could not do certain things that CubeCart wanted to do.