[Resolved] v6.10 No Longer Accepts 0 for Sale Items to Display?

bubbaboss

I'll look at this, but for the moment, switch the store's "Sale Mode" to Disabled.

But I think you actually may want to have some store sales, so that is not a solution.

Maybe remove {include file='templates/box.sale_items.php'} from the main.php template?

OK.. i will try your temp code fix..

I upgraded 4 sites and they all did the same... 0 is not recognized? as it was before.

I USE GLOBAL SALE .... but i don't like to show that list since everything is on sale.

IT WAS WORKING FINE IN VERSION v6.09 upgrade from prior...

Thanks

Yes, a fix was implemented when the admin entry was left blank.

Unfortunately, the fix went a bit too far. It fixed the entry if that entry was false-like, including zero, instead of checking for just a blank.

There is a hook in the code that develops the contents for the Sale Items box, so we cannot simply abort the whole thing if the number of sale items to show suggests zero.

In CC6010, /classes/gui.class.php:

Line 1193:

$no_sale_items = ($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_sale_items') > 0) ? $GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_sale_items') : 10;

Change to:

$no_sale_items = (is_numeric($GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_sale_items'))) ? (int)$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'catalogue_sale_items') : 10;

Line 1195:

if (isset($sale_sql_standard_select) && ($standard_pricing = $GLOBALS['db']->query('SELECT `price`, `sale_price`, `product_id`,`description`,`name`, '.$sale_sql_standard_select.' AS `saving` FROM `'.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'dbprefix').'CubeCart_inventory` WHERE '.$sale_sql_standard_where.' AND `status` = \'1\' '.$not_on_sale.' LIMIT '.$no_sale_items)) !== false && is_array($standard_pricing)) {

Change to:

if ($no_sale_items && isset($sale_sql_standard_select) && ($standard_pricing = $GLOBALS['db']->query('SELECT `price`, `sale_price`, `product_id`,`description`,`name`, '.$sale_sql_standard_select.' AS `saving` FROM `'.$GLOBALS['config']->get('config', 'dbprefix').'CubeCart_inventory` WHERE '.$sale_sql_standard_where.' AND `status` = \'1\' '.$not_on_sale.' LIMIT '.$no_sale_items)) !== false && is_array($standard_pricing)) {

This github issue suggests it has been reopened. I notice, however, the milestone target for it has not been updated, and that the milestone CC6.0.10 has been closed but not completed. (I don't know what that implies.)

I am in no position to confirm or deny anything. I can, however, infer with great certainty that this will be implemented in CC6.0.11.