[Resolved] Email issues

jk2125

Running the latest version. Almost everything is configured and running good now.

The system takes the order but is not sending an email to the customer or the admin showing an order exists. I run my own domain and email server and all is configurd correctly in CC. 

I tested this and heres what Im finding. I generate a test order from a test user with a valid email I set up on the server. The order shows pending but no email is sent to the end customer or the admin. Now once I go into the order itself in CC I open the order and changing it from pending to processing and instantly both emails are sent to the admin for order notification and one is sent to the customer giving them the details and thanks.

Is this a bug in the new version or something. Is there a way to fix this.

Thanks

Typically this is because the email you entered for the stores email address is a free email account. Most hosting companies block email being sent from domains not hosted on their network. 

If you use gmail or hotmail etc you can create a forwarder in your hosting account.

Example:
Store URL: http://www.example.com
Store Email: [email protected] --- forwards to ---> [email protected]

Edited by Al Brookbanks

No its my domain and not a free email.

My domain is www.the-killians.com

all of my mail is from my domain server ***@the-killians.com

It seems like this is a trigger issue. No emails are being sent at all until the trigger "pending" is changed to "processing" when they should be sent when it is placed into "pending"

CubeCart is coded to not send an email to the customer when the order goes to Pending - only Processing, Completed, Cancelled, and an email containing a link to the Digital Product Download. There is no email for Pending, presumably because nothing has actually happened yet -- the order has not been paid for, and at that point, the customer is just about to make payment, or has just failed in an attempt to make payment.

There are two payment gateways, Print Order Form (POF) and Card Capture (CC), where it is intended for the customer to (POF) mail in the payment at a later date or (CC) that payment will be made (administratively) at some point in the future. These gateways leave the order at Pending and a setting has been implemented in the POF gateway to send a "reminder" email to the customer that payment is expected.

CubeCart is also coded to send an email to the admin(s) depending on the setting in admin, Store Settings, Features tab, "Order status for admin email notifications:"  having selected any one of the six statuses (defaults to Processing, and only Pending and Processing statuses are actually checked).

CubeCart makes no discretionary judgment about emails. The SMTP email server CubeCart communicates with may, however, have restrictions in place.

Edited by bsmither
Added clarification on emailed status checks.