[Resolved] cubecart v6.0.10 pages, categories & products not loading

drupopuppis

Argh..! Just installed cubecart v6.0.10 and according to the installer everything went right. However, after creating several categories and one products I have just realised that clicking in any of the links to either pages or categories yields no result.

Few details:

• Site was installed manually and was not part of "One click install" software from hosting provider.
  • During installation all instances were marked green and no issue was encountered.
  • During installation some of the folders permission had to be chmod to 777 as 755 was still considered unwritable. 

Anyone has a clue?

Thank you in advance all

"clicking in any of the links to either pages or categories yields no result."

There must be a result. Even a completely white blank page returned to the browser is a result.

We would ask for a better description of what you experience when you click a link. Having a link to click on suggests you are starting with some sort of initial page -- maybe the Homepage.

You were able to create these categories and products, so the admin side is working.

We can eliminate potential problems common to both the storefront and admin.

If by "no result" you mean CubeCart is returning a regular page but that indicates the requested product was not found, then either:

* The mod_rewrite directives in the .htaccess file are not correct or are being ignored
* the products and categories have been set to be disabled, hidden, and/or not available for sale.

No matter the URL, I always get the Homepage. This is not the same as "not displaying anything".

There are a few places I can trick CubeCart into taking me to other pages. For example:

/index.php?_a=login
/index.php?_a=register

I can get to those pages using those URLs, but:

login.html
register.html

gives me the Homepage.

Also:

/index.php?_a=product&product_id=2

302 bounces me to:

/messenger-bags/hugo-blue-longyi-large.html

but still ultimately displays the Homepage.

That tells me the SEO functionality of CubeCart is working, and:

/index.php?seo_path=messenger-bags/hugo-blue-longyi-large

will get me to that product's page.

The fact that seo_path=whatever works, tells me, proof-positive, that the .htaccess file that is supposed to be in the main CubeCart folder is missing, or the web server is not configured properly to rewrite the URL - a critical component of a server environment for CubeCart 6 to function correctly.

Please make contact with your hosting account's technical support and discuss the need for the web server to be able to rewrite the URLs.

@bsmither you are right person at the right time, 

Apologies for the incomplete and confusing explanation of my previous post

Indeed, the .htaccess has been somehow removed or anyway I don't see it in the unzipped cubecart v6 folder. Do I need specific rules for it or is there a location where I can redownload the original?

Thanks again

[SOLVED] Found an incredibly useful link when trying to browse the marketplace from the backend which gave me the source code for the .htaccess 

##### START CubeCart .htaccess #####

## File Security
<FilesMatch "\.(htaccess)$">
 Order Allow,Deny
 Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
IndexIgnore *

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase / 

######## START v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########
  RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} (.*)$
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
  RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$ index.php?_a=category&cat_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=document&doc_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(\.[a-z]+)?(\?.*)?$ index.php?_a=saleitems&%1 [NC,L]
  ######## END v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]
</IfModule>

## Default store 404 page
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php

##### END CubeCart .htaccess #####

Again many thanks

Immediately after setup/installation, CubeCart will attempt to create an appropriate .htaccess file and write it to the main folder of your CubeCart installation. CubeCart will exit abnormally and display a warning message about not being able to write the file. This message cannot be ignored.

"The .htaccess has been somehow removed or anyway I don't see it in the unzipped cubecart v6 folder."

Are you looking for the file in the download package? CubeCart does not come with an .htaccess file in the download package. Look for the file in your installed CubeCart folder on your hosted account space.

If CubeCart cannot write the .htaccess file to the folder, perhaps there is some permission issue blocking CubeCart from doing so. You will really need to get that sorted out as there are other instances where CubeCart will want to write temporary files to certain folders.

But, I would have to conclude the file got deleted somehow from your installed CubeCart.

If you need to manually make that file, here are the contents that CubeCart would have written:

##### START CubeCart .htaccess #####

## File Security
<FilesMatch "\.(htaccess)$">
 Order Allow,Deny
 Deny from all
</FilesMatch>

#### Apache directory listing rules ####
DirectoryIndex index.php index.htm index.html
IndexIgnore *

#### Rewrite rules for SEO functionality ####
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
  RewriteEngine On
  RewriteBase / 

######## START v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########
  RewriteRule cat_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?(.*)$ index.php?_a=category&cat_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule prod_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule info_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=document&doc_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule tell_([0-9]+)(\.[a-z]{3,4})?$ index.php?_a=product&product_id=$1&%1 [NC]

RewriteRule _saleItems(\.[a-z]+)?(\?.*)?$ index.php?_a=saleitems&%1 [NC,L]
  ######## END v4 SEO URL BACKWARD COMPATIBILITY ########

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
  RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !=/favicon.ico
  RewriteRule ^(.*)\.html?$ index.php?seo_path=$1 [L,QSA]
</IfModule>

## Default store 404 page
ErrorDocument 404 /index.php

##### END CubeCart .htaccess #####